Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    246

    Default Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    I just noticed that Sully's website seems to have gone dark. Does anybody know anything about that?

    Sully, if you read this, let us know how you're getting along down there. I'd love to see some photos, if you've got them.

    Any other cat builders out there?

    Cheers.
    Paul.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Mate, dont let that guy fool you. First he blames his wife for taking his money - which was more likely to be HER money, leaving him without the money to finish the boat. Blames her mental instability for everything, when most likely its his metal problems which is the root cause of all his problems. The stories he peddled never added up. Too arrogant to see his mistakes, he was destined to keep making them, and destined to fail. It was like a train wreck in slow motion. People tried to help, but you can only lead a horse to water...

    Now he`s taken his website down most likely because he is giving up on the build and doesnt want the world to know, the embarrassment would be unbearable. I wouldnt waste any more time feeling sorry for him, as we were all misled.

    Keep up the good work on your build P, good things come to good people

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jupiter Fl USA
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by groper View Post
    Mate, dont let that guy fool you. First he blames his wife for taking his money - which was more likely to be HER money, leaving him without the money to finish the boat. Blames her mental instability for everything, when most likely its his metal problems which is the root cause of all his problems. The stories he peddled never added up. Too arrogant to see his mistakes, he was destined to keep making them, and destined to fail. It was like a train wreck in slow motion. People tried to help, but you can only lead a horse to water...

    Now he`s taken his website down most likely because he is giving up on the build and doesnt want the world to know, the embarrassment would be unbearable. I wouldnt waste any more time feeling sorry for him, as we were all misled.

    Keep up the good work on your build P, good things come to good people
    probably close

  4. #4

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by svquintana View Post
    I just noticed that Sully's website seems to have gone dark. Does anybody know anything about that?

    Sully, if you read this, let us know how you're getting along down there. I'd love to see some photos, if you've got them.

    Any other cat builders out there?

    Cheers.
    Paul.
    If you're looking for other cat builders, this is a good site: http://diy-yachts.com/forum/

    Not as active as it used to be, but lots of good info there if you browse through.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Thanks 44C I'll check on there. Every once in a while I want to see someone else's problems, and solutions.

    Cheers.
    Paul.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by svquintana View Post
    I just noticed that Sully's website seems to have gone dark. Does anybody know anything about that?

    Sully, if you read this, let us know how you're getting along down there. I'd love to see some photos, if you've got them.

    Any other cat builders out there?

    Cheers.
    Paul.
    Paul (et al)

    I'm in general agreement with what's been said so far but I may be able to fill in a piece or two of the puzzle.

    The site: As you may recall, Sully had asked once before for help in funding the server cost and got it. I suspect that John (I2F) had funded it, at least in part. Of course that was before Sully completely alienated him by deleting a post (against what Sully had said he wouldn't do -- in reaction to what had happened to him and others at CF). The point is the site took money to run and for all of Sully's talk about the success of Shady Business®, I suspect things were more fragile. Additionally, and with a very small impact on the postings, Kai and I had basically divorced ourselves from the site. Kai was rarely on; I would come on only to check for spam postings and see how folks were. I had stopped posting anything on boatbuilding because Sully basically what what was said and ran it though the filter of what he wanted to hear. This wasn't anything new and from the beginning it had an overly strong cult of personality to it, which I had noted a couple of times.

    The boat: You might also recall I would frequently ask for photos and usually to no avail. Then I stopped asking. What wasn't said was after the last time, Sully had PMed me and said he intended to do the boat as being built by a company and didn't want photos to ID it in the future. While this certainly doesn't mean the boat was or will be completed.

    The missing pieces: As grouper said there some things that didn't add up. His wife was a big one for me. Not that he had one but a lot of the details. For example she is pretty, really pretty and he would post a photo but then take it down quickly. Her background was as a model and cocktail waitress but currently supposedly worked in financial services with high net worth individuals but, and I found this highly suspicious, she could only do it for a few years more and could seemingly move from state to state without any mention of reciprocity. Then there was the model cruises xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx while he lived in his van in fantastic undisclosed location which allowed him free internet, no parking fees and was close to things. It was so successful, he was either going to manage remotely or do again in FL.

    Overall, I agree with groper. However, I'd say I met some great guys there who I know from other sites (all of you in this thread plus a few who aren't) and the information was generally good. Too bad its just in the ether now.

    ForumAdmin
    I have edited this post to take out some opinions and just leave the what seem to be simple facts.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Was he building the boat in Fla?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
    Was he building the boat in Fla?
    Yes, xxxxxxxxx. But don't tell anyone that, it's Super Tippy Top Secret.

    Admin note
    I have deleted the location of the boat build as the builder is worried about security on the boat.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Is he the one selling the building materials on CF? Still keeping the secret.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
    Is he the one selling the building materials on CF? Still keeping the secret.
    I don't know. It isn't really a big issue to me one way or the other. Here is Sully's newest rant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sully
    Hi Maren,

    I counted you as a friend. Apparently, I miscalculated.

    You may need to get in touch with Paul, the owner of this site, to edit or remove your posts before things get very out of hand.

    I've already had the initial consultation. They will go after you and Paul, should these posts (and the entire thread) not be taken down.

    Don't think you are anonymous either. Once the suponeas are issued, your idenity will be available to the courts.

    aaronkellylaw.com/defamation/publication-of-private-facts-explanation-for-non-lawyers/
    Sully,

    I think it's funny you thought you would just vaporize the site and assume people wouldn't wonder. Like wonder if people hadn't thought wrong of you. I think it fair to say most folks like you but have a hard time squaring it with you bolo wing up at folks, talking about what your shady business deals, etc.

    So, let me give you a piece of advice on lawyers, law and in particular defamation. One, you need to show what was said isn't true (mine is -- it comes from you). Two, you need to show how it damaged your career (that would be extremely hard, bordering on fantasy). Three, Lawyers who are ethical will tell you that you don't really have a case, lawyers who aren't won't and both will take your money if you are hell bent on being stupid.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    if anyone is in the market for an unfinished project boat,this one might be one to avoid.
    https://boatcrazy.com/boat-for-sale/...ll-description
    and heres why-
    http://multihullblog.com/2015/09/oce...returns-again/

  12. #12

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    All very sad.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Cruising.Stuffiminto gone dark.

    Quote Originally Posted by deedledeedle View Post
    if anyone is in the market for an unfinished project boat,this one might be one to avoid.
    https://boatcrazy.com/boat-for-sale/...ll-description
    and heres why-
    http://multihullblog.com/2015/09/oce...returns-again/
    And you've seen the boat? Last I heard Sully wanted to pull the boat of the market and finish it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •