Thread: Solaris 42 For Sale

Default Solaris 42 For Sale

Hello everyone
    Almost four years ago we bought "Keikkokala" - our second Solaris42 with the best intention of giving her a complete refit for living aboard and cruising ; we always regretted selling our first one ! Since then I have been working full time for a sailing school here in Greece.This leaves us no time to finish the work on the boat and I quite simply cannot afford to pay other people to do the work.Many improvements have been made - new yanmar saildrives 500 hrs,new rigging 2010, new fuel and water tanks,simpson davits,new tigres windlass,new solar panels and much more . The work required is mainly cosmetic and the sails need replaced.She is an excellent project for someone who can do most of the work themselves and is currently in the water in Poros Greece.If any one is interested please contact us and we will try to organise some photos.[No brokers please ! A full out of the water survey completed in April last year is also available. ]We are still continuing with some of the work in progress before the season gets into full swing!
    Graham & Tanya

Default Re: Solaris 42 For Sale

I just registered my membership to the forum and I am happy to participate in this community: My wife and I have seen with great interest your post about the sale of cat Keikkokala she is the kind of vessel we are looking for retirement, a boat wich allows us to live aboard at least six months of the year, no matter if she is a lightning of speed but safe. We would like to have more information and more pictures if available, if you want to write directly to lorenzoberti7@outlook.it
    you again soon
    Lorenzo e Cristina

So, how much, what year, pics, etc.

A friend of mine has put the boat up on Yachtworld at :
    http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/19...e#.U9OJxdKKAeE
    You can find pics here though some of the information is incorrect - tank sizes etc. I have a full survey available if you send me your email
    G&T

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

She looks to be a very good example and to be fairly realistically priced. Not my cup of tea, but worth considering for someone who is interested in space over peformance and is prepared to live with the lack of bridgdeck clearance on the 42.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by G&T View Post
    A friend of mine has put the boat up on Yachtworld at :
    http://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/19...e#.U9OJxdKKAeE
    You can find pics here though some of the information is incorrect - tank sizes etc. I have a full survey available if you send me your email
    G&T
    Hello,
    It is now nov 2016 - and I would - as an interested dane - like to get in direct e-mail contact with You.
    I have observed, that the cat now is handeled from Lefkas .
    Kind regards Carl Herforth
    service@herforth.dk

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Hello,
    It is now nov 2016 - and I would - as an interested dane - like to get in direct e-mail contact with You.
    I have observed, that the cat now is handeled from Lefkas .
    Kind regards Carl Herforth
    service@herforth.dk
    Hello Carl,
    Our direct email is catsailgreece@yahoo.co.uk
    The boat is currently in Poros in the Saronic, (just south of Athens).
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Kind Regards,
    Graham and Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by G&T View Post
    Hello Carl,
    Our direct email is catsailgreece@yahoo.co.uk
    The boat is currently in Poros in the Saronic, (just south of Athens).
    Look forward to hearing from you,
    Kind Regards,
    Graham and Tanya
    Thank you - I have set 2 e-mail to you, one with an orientation with questions and a 7MB file af the original 1975 Solaris brochure.
    If you have had problems of recieving the e-mails, I may convert the .pdf to smaller .jpg
    Look forward to a dialogue
    Kind regards Carl