Thread: washing machine

Default washing machine

Has any one removed concrete weights from a domestic front loader washing machine before?
    and if so did you have to bolt it down unto the floor and what method was used.
    Did the machine have a tendency to move around?

Thanks
    G and M

Default Re: washing machine

Quote Originally Posted by floatdaboat View Post
    Has any one removed concrete weights from a domestic front loader washing machine before?
    and if so did you have to bolt it down unto the floor and what method was used.
    Did the machine have a tendency to move around?

Thanks
    G and M
    You might like to consider one of these

http://www.daewoo-electronics.de/web/en/22-mini-washer

We have been very pleased with it. It runs fine on my quasi-sign wave inverter and draws only 300watts (cold wash) and 1800 watts (hot wash) if you are on the dock. Has a quick cycle of about 30mins with correspondingly low water usage.

3 kg load does not sound much but we have found it more than sufficient. It weighs in at only 16.5 kg is made from all plastic / ABS construction is of very high quality and bolts directly to a bulkhead, so no concrete. This compares very favourably with about 50kg for Zanussi or Candy mini front loaders and about 90kg for full size FL with concrete.

They ship direct from Korea to any where in the world but they are not cheap.

Any washing machine will work without concrete but you have to bolt it down very securely and the bigger the unit (load capacity) the more force is exerted when running with a uneven wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You might like to consider one of these

http://www.daewoo-electronics.de/web/en/22-mini-washer

We have been very pleased with it. It runs fine on my quasi-sign wave inverter and draws only 300watts (cold wash) and 1800 watts (hot wash) if you are on the dock. Has a quick cycle of about 30mins with correspondingly low water usage.

3 kg load does not sound much but we have found it more than sufficient. It weighs in at only 16.5 kg is made from all plastic / ABS construction is of very high quality and bolts directly to a bulkhead, so no concrete. This compares very favourably with about 50kg for Zanussi or Candy mini front loaders and about 90kg for full size FL with concrete.
    Yes we did consider that, Maverick has one in their store room that we can view. but with a family on board the better half will not be happy with that small a size. So i have learnt over the years when (well some times) to give in and obey, this is one of those time .
    Talking to other boaties it was suggested that the removal of the weights works a treat just looking for first hand experiences

Thanks

Hi guys,
    As you know we fitted a 5.5 kilo Whirlpool and haven't bothered taking the weights out. Have had a bit of feedback on this however, and you do need to level and bolt your machine down if you remove the counterweights. I think out machine is 60kg and we can take about 25kg out by removing them. Frankly, I have bigger priorities than the washing machine at the moment. Should have the rig back on the boat by next week!
    L&N

I have this little guy:
    http://www.air-n-water.com/product/h...FRJk7AodbXcA2Q

Cost about $170
    Weighs about 40lbs.
    Has no agitator, or concrete.
    I have it bolted to floor.
    2 years without a problem including large beach towels.
    Cheers

we used this one: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00CJJML0M

It takes 4.5kg for washing, and 3.5kg for spin drying. We just placed it in our second shower area, using some cable ties to strap it down.
    Worked well.

Since you fill it with warm water and doesn't have a water eater included it can easily run off a small inverter.