Thread: Interesting New BBC Policy

Default Interesting New BBC Policy

The BBC Trust has issued a new report into progress on adopting the recommendations of the Steve Jones review of science coverage. This was the integrity-free publication that recommended keeping sceptics off air as much as possible. According to the new paper, the BBC has been holding a series of seminars to bang home the "keep sceptics off air" message and will keep up this re-education programme in the future. Given that we know that BBC editors are telling their staff not to allow scientists to appear opposite anyone who might disagree with them, I would suggest to readers that the paragraph quoted above is entirely mendacious. And the idea that the English literature graduates and environmentalists who infest the BBC are going to "properly scrutinise" scientists is beyond contempt. It is simply a case of putting two fingers up to the general public. -- Andrew Montford, Bishop Hill, 4 July 2014
    So scientists should not be challenged .... they may have to support their claims!!
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Default Re: Interesting New BBC Policy

This is also interesting:-
    Action to save coral reefs in the Caribbean has been delayed by the misapprehension that climate change is the primary cause of their decline, a leading scientist said. The main reasons why the area covered by live coral has more than halved since the 1970s are overfishing and coastal pollution, according to Carl Gustaf Lundin, director of the global marine programme at the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN). The report, published yesterday, concluded that climate change had wrongly been blamed for a problem that had largely been caused by local factors which could have been controlled by better regulation. --Ben Webster, The Times, 3 July 2014
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

John Oliver's take on "fair and balanced" reporting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Yep... an extreme view without for example mentioning such things as:-

we are entering the 18th year without surface temperature warming.

Greenland now has ice where there has been none in living memory

The Antarctic today has record ice cover since measurements began

Scientists are deserting the the man made camp in fair numbers e.g. Australia and their agreement to public no more reports because the scientists are split.

Sae levels have not risen by more than the tiny natural fluctuation.

The model that scientists depend upon has been proven to be totally wrong.

All agree that the hockey stick graph was wrong and misleading.

But yes ..... debate is no longer allowed ,,, a bit like a religious ban on heresy.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    This is also interesting:-
    SO is this. Most definitely the BBC has a one sided agenda.

I've been banned by BBC, Ex-Chancellor Lord Lawson passionate climate change sceptic accuses BBC bosses of silencing debate on global warming

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...l-warming.html

Yes the amazing thing is that the two main points Lawson made were agreed with by his opponent!!!

The BBC is simply not impartial on the issue of climate change and is very PC on issues such as religion, immigration etc.

IN the IUK today we are losing our freedom of speech on many subjects.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul