Thread: Putting Seawind into Survey

Default Putting Seawind into Survey

As my previous post - I am looking for a 1000, 1000XL or 1050R in Australian 1C or 2D survey. However would also consider trying to get one put into survey that wasn't already in survey - does anyone have any experience in doing this, or know what would be involved with a Seawind 1000 ?

Default Re: Putting Seawind into Survey

Like I said, give me a call. (o402 345245)If a boat hasn't been in survey from the build stage, its almost impossible to make it happen, certainly way to expensive. Not that there is that much difference between the actual build, its more the documentation and inspection trails. Having said that, if a boat was in D it can go to C usually with the addition of some equipment. I will be listing a 2D (i think) 1000 next week when the owner returns home.

The last time I was involved in this sort of stuff they wanted core samples for GRP boats... so you gotta drill holes in it to make sure its 'safe' for survey... which is a great idea.... no?

Why the heck they just can't certify a builder every year or so I don't know.

It's not like structural issues are the main problem with charter boats of this nature now is it?

I was able to get my 1160 into survey for the Whitsundays charter fleet by finding a sister ship. The authorities accepted that a boat one or two hull numbers older/younger was equivalent.

It did cost some time and money, but it was done.
    Seawind 1160 XTsea
    Livaboard performing a circumnavigation of Oz. Currently Darwin.
    www.xtsea.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by DevoDave View Post
    I was able to get my 1160 into survey for the Whitsundays charter fleet by finding a sister ship. The authorities accepted that a boat one or two hull numbers older/younger was equivalent.

It did cost some time and money, but it was done.
    Never heard of that being done for a production boat.

Thanks.