Thread: Join us to PNG, Solomon Isl. and Australia!

Default Join us to PNG, Solomon Isl. and Australia!

Sail with us on Wild One – one of the fastest 50ft Bridgedeck Catamarans to the worlds last unspoiled paradises. The catamaran is luxuriously equipped with freezer, fridge, water maker and warm water. On Bord we have a diving compressor and dive equipment as well as windsurf and surfequipement and a kayak free of charge for your disposal. We try to adopt our tourplan according to your wishes depending if you prefer sailing, relaxing or the other activities like diving or surfing.

Please find further information on our site www.alive.cms4people.de or send an email for to mernstbrunner@hotmail.com

time- and routeplan Wild One 2014

August to October we will sail with new energy refurbished boat via PNG and Salomons to Australia

July, August 2014 PNG:
    21st of July to 10th August: Daveo (Philippines) to Admiarlity Islands (PNG)about 1000nm to sail. We stay a few days at the Admirality islands - little archipels - atolls where it is supposed to be good diving.
    11th to 31st of August - we continue to Bismark Island (PNG) - New Ireland, New Hanover New Britain in that order. We sail and maybe dive there until end of August. A returnflight would be from the Bismark Islands via national flight to Port Moresby (int. Airport).

September 2014 SOLOMON ISLANDS:
    Solomon Islands - from Buka Island in the Nw to San Christobal in the SE
    From 1st to 30th of September we cross the Solomon Islands from NW to SE - starting with Buka Island, Bougainville, Choiseul, Santa Isabell Island, Guadacanal Island, and we will be at San Christobal island end of September.
    The Solomons are a real adventure - almost no tourism and culture and tradition at the Salomons still as it was a 100 years ago. This means also that getting there is a bit more adventureous and complicated.

October 2014: AUSTRALIA – Witsunday Islands
    We sail from (San Christobal) Solomon Islands to Maryborough (Australia) Starting from San Christobal Island on the 1st of October we will have good wind (reach) to sail the 1000 miles to Witsunday Islands in about 7 to 10 days. The rest of the month we will spend cruising in the Witsunday Islands – one of the best cruising locations in Australia.

Default Re: Join us to PNG, Solomon Isl. and Australia!

G'day mate
    How much does it cost from the Philippines to Australia ?

WAIT A MINUTE! HE IS TAKING RESERVATIONS ON A BOAT HE IS SELLING? Seems a conflict here.

Sounds like the best of both worlds , or maybe just after some delivery crew to Australia? That's why I asked that question.
    L&N

Quote Originally Posted by LouisAndNatasha View Post
    Sounds like the best of both worlds , or maybe just after some delivery crew to Australia? That's why I asked that question.
    L&N
    Thanks for your concern. You are exactely right.
    If interested to crew find details on my site http://alive.cms4people.de/
    Just wondering - don´t you have a boat?

Thanks mate for the link. I thought I would share it with the other members. There are always people looking to buy boats that this trip may appeal to and as you were asking on a global forum, I thought I would ask the question that everybody wants to know. Personally, I'm not looking to crew on your boat, but I thought there may be other members out there who could be interested, so I thought I would throw the question out there. And as you've directed us to your link globally, I thought I would paste below for members to read. Sounds quite reasonable if someone wants to sail through that area. And no doubt you have a map of what islands not to go to that could be dangerous.

Pasted link:

Join us as crew member!
    To finance a part of the substantial running costs of Wild One (replacement sails & sheets, spare parts, service & repairs, insurance etc) we have to ask our crew to contribute in form of a cost share.

Cost share is 690€ per week.
    Cost share for the passages or longer stays (5 weeks or more) can be negotiated
    Since Wild One is one of the fastest Cruising Cats the costs are pretty high as well. This starts with a yearly insurance of 6000€, a new mainsail in April for 10000€, etc etc. Not to mention the yearly depreciation of about 50.000€ since Wild One is a new boat and loses half of its value in the first 5 years.
    I believe that our costshare is fair since our crew can enjoy sailing with an exeptional boat without a financial risk but sure has to contribute a little.

Inclusive of onboard climbing, diving and surfing equipment.
    Exclusive of travel, food and beverages which normally ranges between 40€ and 60€ per week and person.

End of pasted link.

L&N