Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maverick 400 cracking up

Default Re: Maverick 400 cracking up

My thoughts now are that before I reply to Allan or continue to expand on my original thread we should now wait to hear what Maverick have to say so that there is a fair balance.

Perhaps this thread might be better placed in the Maverick Owners forum. What say you, Paul or Ozmultis?

Karen

I think its best left where the poster placed it.
    The subject matter is after sales service by a boat builder and I think that is of general interest.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Alan
    Would you mind if I move your posts to a new thread in the maverick Owner's Forum under a heading about the delivery of the boat?
    I think your very long posts are not really on the subject of this matter which is about after sales service?
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Wow, sorry for your trouble and pain, we looked at your website and the videos are horrifying. I cant imagine going thru what you have and still are. My wife's comments were that company should be sued to provide a full refund and or should never make another boat again. How can they deny the issues, the poor workmanship, the cracking, of structural areas. I really hope you get some kind of satisfaction in the end and if not I hope the builders get what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Perhaps this thread might be better placed in the Maverick Owners forum. What say you, Paul or Ozmultis?

Karen
    Agree with Paul, I also thought hard about the delivery skippers post, as in location etc, when I first approved it. I did edit it a very tiny bit (no content changes - just some extra spacing and paragraphs to make it easier to read.) and I though about asking the delivery guy if I could split it between his comments and the emails. But decided they probably needed to be together.

Thank you for your support , this is where my legal avenues have got me so far -
    May 2013 .......No reply from Maverick to my lawyer
    May 2014 ........no reply from Maverick to my lawyer total legal cost to date $7K !
    Lets hope for a HAPPY ENDING -donīt forget I was offered a replacement ! I think a pig just flew over my mast !
    Last edited by andando; 28th July 2014 at 01:46 AM. Reason: sp

Well I am most surprised that Peter needs to wait for maverickís response to my post. I assumed from Peterís posts and comments in mails to me that we both agreed that Rudiís treatment of Peter and myself has been shameful( although I would be interested to see any comments they may make) however the question I pose to Peter, who after all was my client, not maverick, is what more did I need to do to convince him to at least make a few easy checks? He has told me Rudi and 3 other people convinced him. I have asked the names of these people, when they inspected the boat, what their qualifications are and what did they put in writing? Peter declined to answer.
    At this point let me say I made a serious error of judgement not posting this information and more as soon as this furore erupted on the forum nearly 3 years ago. ( Iím trying to post the pictures, patience please). I did not feel this was the correct place to resolve it. In fact I mailed the designer in the hope that he would mediate and good sense would prevail. He declined to reply.
    Peter did eventually agree to go ahead with the survey unfortunately after I had pulled out and booked tickets home. Please bear in mind that every day in Trinidad and many before was at my expense. I considered staying but the survey was for Peter and Rudi not me. I had spent 70 days on the boat and although I tried everything to convince myself otherwise, I knew the boat was/is dangerous.( In one of Peterís surveys the boat is described as having noĒ global strengthĒ. I have not heard the expression before but assume it means no matter where you sail globally it has no strength.)My feeling about Andando was, that in the sense that any repairs that rendered Andando seaworthy would also change her into a very different boat from the one he ordered, she was irreparable. I did everything possible to avoid being this blunt with Peter and hoped as a business man good sense would outweigh emotion. The only reason for me to continue was to avoid the trashing the skipper always takes. Unfortunately, or more correctly, fortunately, it just was not good enough to convince me despite pressure from a coterie of Rudiís friends in Trinidad.
    All of which beggars the question why speak out now?

This is an extract from a recent mail from Peter.

( I think also we should address the issue of your expenses in the "launch of Andando "blog After all the facts of the Boat have been disclosed ,If you want your name revealed, then would be a good time to do it as I think you will get a lot of support from the forum once all the info is out and may even get more work .This would also be the best time for a public apology from me)

Although Peter and I have exchanged many mails over the years the only mention of money has been in Peterís first mail to me on my return. In it he suggests I pay him $4K, much to my amazement. In view of Peterís latest admissions I decided it was time to mention that Peter and I have a contract. In that contract is a clause which states that expenses due to mechanical or technical problems, provided they are not caused by skipper negligence are for the clientís account. So I cannot see any argument about my out of pocket expenses. As for the balance of my fee, if I had stayed until the survey(which should have been done whether I stayed or not) it would, assuming Peter paid me, just have cost him more.
    Peterís response to the above is that he would put a public apology on the forum ( he has not done so ) and as far as paying me anything he suggested we debate it on the forum and let the members consensus decide.
    Finally, despite admitting to me 2years ago I was due an apology, as long as he thought he had a chance of getting satisfaction from Rudi he has been quite comfortable allowing the perception to persist that I am Incompetent. I fully understand Peterís desire to minimise his loses but at 65 I was not doing deliveries because I am rich, yet I, as the poorest of the trio, seem to be financing Peterís fight with Rudi.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Alan

I think your very long posts are not really on the subject of this matter which is about after sales service?
    On this subject, as Paul knows, he and I disagree. That's cool by me; disagreement is the life-blood of forums everywhere. But I feel it's only fair to Allan to say so publicly.

In my opinion, there is a huge amount of very pertinent detail in his post and my hope is anyone considering buying a Maverick read what Alan has said very carefully. As a Caveat Emptor, it makes for very educational reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmultis View Post
    Agree with Paul, I also thought hard about the delivery skippers post, as in location etc, when I first approved it. I did edit it a very tiny bit (no content changes - just some extra spacing and paragraphs to make it easier to read.) and I though about asking the delivery guy if I could split it between his comments and the emails. But decided they probably needed to be together.
    Yes, I agree with you, Andrew - keeping Alan's comments and those emails together is the right call.

Karen

More pictures to follow
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ther aremore pictures but I think I havemade my point
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am happy to address Allan`s points-but knowing that we have had many correspondance over the last few years amd I mean many ! I was hoping to tie in a reply with Rudi with one from Allan.
    May I repectfully suggest that The launch of Andando thread be renamed the launch and delivery of Andando before I reply as my reply will have ref to that thread .It will also link Allans comments to Rudi and myself .There are two issues , Allan`s delivery ,which he has issues with me and Rudi and my issue with Maverick

If anyone clicks on Alan's ? marks they can see the image. This is a forum bug that I am getting zero response on from my ISP.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Might I also add that I did try to offer behind the scenes sort out help on this matter to avoid it going public. I was asked to stay away from the subject.
    I always try and help avoid such publicity - its better to get sorted than suffer the consequences.

I just hope Maverick grasp the nettle here. It needs dealing with.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

This morning I spent 6 hours going through all the correspondance that went on in Trinadad.There is simply too much .I will address Allans points, but before I do -I would really like Maverick to have their say .I would also like them to address Allans points too ! This is not a cop out ,but having read through the many e mails from Rudi and others when the boat was in Trinadad it starts to bring a few more people into the debate .Also having read through them all again, I can say this -Given the same information that was given to me by Rudi and others at that time ,I would have made the same difficult decissions .
    I will start to try and condense the information while we wait for Maverick to respond .

Allan said: "Peterís response to the above is that he would put a public apology on the forum ( he has not done so ) and as far as paying me anything he suggested we debate it on the forum and let the members consensus decide."

From which I take that you, Peter, have still not paid your debts to Alan.

Is this correct?

It depends whether you think I owe anything (by the way half the tabs are missing on this strange pc so sorry for the grammar and lack of question marks etc).
    You can all make that judgement after hearing the delivery information .

Peter, since you invited me to be public prosecuter, jury and judge in one here it goes.

There is one thing that always makes me incredibly angry. And that is when people do not fulfil the contracts that they sign.

Peter on the one hand you expect Rudy/Maverick to live up to their contract, but on the other hand you donīt live up to the contract that you apparently signed with Allen. In fact you tread Allen the same way as Rudy/Maverick treats you. And you have already indicated that you donīt like to be treated that way.

Since you invited this forum to decide on whether or not Allen should get paid, I propose to the forumadmin to start a poll: "Should Peter pay Allenīs salary", if yes how much?

Iīll start off. Based on the evidence in front of me that Allen and you have provided to this forum I can only arrive at the conclusion that Allen has done everything in his power to fulfil the contract, and therefore propose the following verdict: Peter should pay Allenīs full salary, plus surveys paid by Allen, plus interest, plus a defamation bonus.

Peter be a man and pay your debts. Donīt treat Allen the same way that Rudy treats you. There is no reason for you to wait for Mavericks response to pay your debts to Allen.

If you are of the opinion that Rudy/Maverick should pay at least part of Allenīs salary then you have to take Rudy/maverick on for that. That has nothing to do with you owing Allen his salary.

Bas.

I wait with interest for the delivery information Peter promises I can't imagine what new outrage I'm guilty off.

I would like to add to my last post that I should have realised that having a chainsaw in my tool-kit would arouse suspision.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast