Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PRIVILEGE 39 QUESTIONS

Default Re: PRIVILEGE 39 QUESTIONS

I heard the P39 can be safely beached. Is this true? Has anyone ever done this?

I want to take mine to Ashby Shoal in the San Francisco Bay.

Attached Images Attached Images

In fact historical records indicate that whales have been beaching themselves since at least 300 B.C., however scientists are discovering that whale stranding’s appear to be occurring more frequently and in larger numbers than previously known and while scientists are unclear as to whether this increase in numbers is simply due to more people reporting stranding’s or because the number of stranding’s has actually increased due to human factors it has raised some concerns in the eyes of marine biologists, activists and whale lovers.

Wink Re: PRIVILEGE 39 QUESTIONS

I mean, I like my P39, and she sure is roomy, but I'm not sure if they had them in 300 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Zelda View Post
    In fact historical records indicate that whales have been beaching themselves since at least 300 B.C

I don't know if anyone has, but it should be doable, as long as the mud isn't too deep - here's a boatyard photo with the keels blocked and taking most of the load, with bracing fore+aft on both hulls (note this was with the rudders removed - they don't extend quite as far as the keels).

Our blog: svjaneo.com

Here's the front cover of the P39 brochure. Except for taking off some anti-fouling paint, and as long as the tide is rising, it seems reasonable. As far as the center of balance goes, the Aussies beach cats all the time for careening. Cheers, Dave S/V Tortuguita

Hallo This is my former P39, now sailing around UK and Spain. In Med we never beached, no flat sand. and too much rock.. to do that in UK they renforced the bulkhead around the rudder, having a big compression, the cat will seat back due to the engines and fuel tanks , and they renforced the bottom of the keel with some steel, as you may just touch in some rocks instead the sand. I don't like this...Travel lift works better !! and dinghy perfect to go on the beach, you will destroy only few euro...

Maxing Out, Love your stories and have enjoyed your adventures around the world. I'm also a big fan of the Defender. ;-) I have a 1995 P-45, but I'm hoping you can help me with a running rigging issue. How is your main sheet run?

Thank you,
    CAPT Luke
    SV Luna

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234