Thread: Recommendation for Catalac 9M Refrigerator

Currently San Diego, Future East Coast of Florida

Default Recommendation for Catalac 9M Refrigerator

Does anyone have any recommendations on replacing the refrigerator in my 9M? I'm working remote and don't have the dimensions of the space available on my 9M. I also don't have the old refrigerator.

Does anyone have the dimensions and recommendations on make and size?

Thanks,

Jim
    SV "Banana Boat"
    Catalac 9M 221

Default Re: Recommendation for Catalac 9M Refrigerator

Hi,

My fridge/freezer is just below the aft side of the galley worktop.

The exact model I have is not produced anymore but the replacement would be
    this model.

It works fine, power consumption as stated, around 50 W.

I guess you could also fit in a Dometic CR-1110 details here

Puck

The original fridge was a multi fuel system really designed for caravans. It had a 240vAC, and a 12vDC power option, but was a power hog demanding 8 amps. Normaly it was run from LPG. However, the exhaust for this creates a bit of a problem! (worked well though!)

A modern caravan multi-fuel fridge is available, but it would be much better fitting a modern keel cooled 12v fridge.
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Jim,
    I have the Electrolux RM 123E on my Catalac 900. It operates on propane, 12V DC or 230V AC. I installed a 120V (60hz) AC generator on my vessel, so I have a step up transformer to run the fridge when needed.

Dimensions: 659mm (25 15/16") tall, 380mm (15") wide, 439mm (17 5/16") deep. This is right out of the owner's manual.

This was the original appliance that came with my vessel.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Capt. Terry

Currently San Diego, Future East Coast of Florida

Hey, thanks everyone. Look forward installing and getting to work more regularly on the boat.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Terry View Post
    Jim,
    I have the Electrolux RM 123E on my Catalac 900. It operates on propane, 12V DC or 230V AC. I installed a 120V (60hz) AC generator on my vessel, so I have a step up transformer to run the fridge when needed.

Dimensions: 659mm (25 15/16") tall, 380mm (15") wide, 439mm (17 5/16") deep. This is right out of the owner's manual.

This was the original appliance that came with my vessel.

I hope this helps. Cheers, Capt. Terry
    Hello Capt. Terry!

I know this is an old thread, but you said the magic words: Owner's Manual. My husband and I have just purchased a 1995 Catalac 900 and we don't have an Owner's Manual. Any idea how we can get our hands on one?

All advice is welcome! Thanks!

Samantha

I have changed the fridge last year, the problem was that the gap between both inside wall is only 48 cm, the most fridges are deeper, I bought the waeco 80Liters with 7 Liter Freezer, dismounting the door it is 47,5 cm deep , I also sismountet the distance block on the rear side. So I was able to fit the frigde in the old locker, with a little gap on both sides. It was a little tricky to mount the doorholder to the bottom of the fridge. The mounted door reduces the place to get through to 43 cm, but its ok for us. Also the door opens not the full 90.
    The fridge works with 12V, after two saisons using it we are very pleasent.It used the enrgie very efficient, and you can put in some frozen stuff, also make ice cubes.

Peter Catalac 9m Squib