Thread: voyage 500 sliding doors

Default voyage 500 sliding doors

My sliding door is binding. Looking underneath I can see that one of the two rollers on the starboard side of the starboard door (the one you use to open and close the doors) was off the track and misaligned.

I was able to push it back in place but it still wont roll freely. I think whatever mechanism is holding the roller to the door frame has come loose.

I can't figure out how to access the rollers further to adjust or repair the sliding mechanism. No obvious panels to remove or way to take the door off that I can see.

Appreciate any advice if anyone has done this before or knows the manufacturer of the door.

Otherwise I'll ask Voyage.

Thanks!

Default Re: voyage 500 sliding doors

I had a bit of squeaking going go down there so blasted it with McLube. Took care of the problem.

But I looked at it with "what if it needs to have something major done" in mind. And I didn't see a solution. However, I didn't try hard at lifting (with help) the door to see it it could pivot off the bottom track.

So I can't help you, but I'd like to know what you find out.

Looking at ours earlier I think you may need to take the sliding door frame out of the boat to get the door out of the frame . Maybe your last suggestion is the first thing you should do. Kay would be the one to talk who is the shop foreman. Have always found Voyage quite helpful if you talk to the right person. PM me if you want Kay's email address
    L&N

Residential doors have an adjustment screw for these rollers near the bottom. It raises and lowers the rollers. Sometimes they are on the ends of the doors and sometimes on the sides and sometimes they are inside a hole and sometimes they are covered with a plastic cap. If your door has these then raise the rollers which will give you enough room to lift the door out. I would think there is some form of adjustment for your doors. Getting them set perfect from the factory and still be perfect on the water would be an engineering accomplishment.

If you post a pic of the bottom sides and ends of you doors I will see if I an point it out.
    Last edited by Sand crab; 27th September 2014 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks everyone.

Sandcrab, I have adjusted residential sliding doors in the past, so I understand what you are referring to, but the doors on the boat seem have no tabs, panels or covers giving access to adjusting screws or the rollers.

I have emailed Voyage and will report back when i get a response.