Thread: sail #

Default sail #

We recently purchased a 2003 45 and i want to find out if we can get the sail #from the hull id FR AOM 45424 G303. Also we need a new Salon door latch if anyone has ideas
    David

Default Re: sail #

There is nothing hard and fast about your sail number. I picked a number that had meaning for me, and got the sailmaker to install the number on my main.

If you were sailing a one design or popular class boat, you might need to have your number assigned, but for the boats you list as yours, there is no reason not to just pick whatever number you like.

With regard to sail numbers my boat was hull number 4 of the series so my sail number was 4. Some owners put it on the sail. I didn't. On your manufacturers plate their should be a number that tells you the number in the series, Outremer 45 in your case. I am sure there are other methods for determining sail number but I am not educated as to what other methods are.
    The sliding door hardware is difficult to find and match up even in France. I tried a few times. Best bet if you cannot track down original is to rig up replacements from local suppliers of patio doors. I hate to do this as it takes lots of time and work but in some cases it is the only way other than ripping out and putting in new, and probably custom made, doors.
    Last edited by Ma Bete; 7th October 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Bete View Post
    With regard to sail numbers my boat was hull number 4 of the series so my sail number was 4...On your manufacturers plate their should be a number that tells you the number in the series...I am sure there are other methods for determining sail number but I am not educated as to what other methods are...
    I guess my answer isn't what you wanted to hear?
    http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/...9530#post69530

Marshall
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

I Not sure how I put up two posts on the same subject sorry about that. I also replied to private messages when it says not to ,the intraweb is not my strong suit.
    Marshall,my experience with purchasing "Delpine" our Pdq 36 from the factory was that there is a direct correlation between the two numbers . My brother and I built a 27 foot cat and we did pick our own sail # (99) for Wayne Gretzky. But when I asked for the same one on the new boat I was told that the numbers are consecutive. That by the way was from that same brother. I Have sent the hull #to Outremer so we shall see.

David

I finally got in touch with Outremer and their records indcate that the boat is hull number 24 .if you look at the serial number in the first post you can see where they put the hull number ,just in case anyone else is wants to find their hull/sail number .I am not sure if all french builders us the same system? I am in France now and with the level bureaucracy here it would not surprise me .