Thread: 2015 Strictly Sail Miami -- Need some suggestions

Default 2015 Strictly Sail Miami -- Need some suggestions

We are going to be in Florida for a couple of weeks in February (unfortunately without Searenity).

Never having gone, my wife suggested going to Strictly Sail Miami on Friday, February 13 since we are leaving the Florida Keys on February 12.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to:

• Where to stay in reasonable proximity to the show? (NO luxury hotels, please!)
    • Logistics of seeing the show in one day? (Really only interested in multihulls)
    • Logistics of moving from the Convention Center exhibits to the marina?
    • Shuttle service to the show from outlying areas.
    • Suggested seminars to see
    • Anything else you can add

Thanks for the help.

Marshall
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

Default Re: 2015 Strictly Sail Miami -- Need some suggestions

Your best bet if you are in the upper keys is to just go to the show from there. It's only an hour and a half. All decent hotels near the show will be booked anyway. Don't go to the convention center to park, it will take forever and be painful. Drive directly to bayside (where the multis are anyway) and park in the garage there for $10-$12 all day. After touring the show there if you feel up to it take the free shuttle over to the convention center. It is a much more relaxed day to just stay at bayside but you can do both in a day. We go on Thursday which is a bit more money but less people.

ovive,

Thanks for the suggestions. Leaving Marathon Thursday afternoon so doing show on Thursday is not practical. That is why I was hoping to find a place to stay.

Marshall
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

Quote Originally Posted by searenitysail View Post
    That is why I was hoping to find a place to stay.
    If you have transportation, try vrbo.com for condos etc. Last year we stayed at a little condo on Virginia Key, which wasn't a bad drive. As was said, bayside/Miamarina was where all the multihulls were and probably are again. Park in garage and you'll not have to get back into the car until you leave (shuttles/water taxi to other areas)