Thread: cirrostratus trimaran

Default cirrostratus trimaran

Does any boby no any history of a Cirrostratus Trimaran built i Australia Brisbane by Ostac boat builders in 1982 and used as the plug for 9 other boats boats Name is Skit

Default Re: cirrostratus trimaran

Designed by Robin Chamberlin (www.chamberlinmarine.com.au), and built/first owned by Jeff McDavitt, McDavitt Yacht Construction on the Sunshine Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by catchcryhamm View Post
    Designed by Robin Chamberlin (www.chamberlinmarine.com.au), and built/first owned by Jeff McDavitt, McDavitt Yacht Construction on the Sunshine Coast.
    Thank you very much for your information its extremely hard finding information about these boats there is virtually nothing on the internet Ken Brooks has told me a bit of stuff about them he told me my boat wasnt built by Ostac and it was used as the plug for them he also told me the old owner of Ostac lives at mountain creek i have tried to contact Robin Chamberlin but have had no success the only history i have on Skit is its name is correct it wasnt built by Ostac and that 1 of the outer hulls was smashed of near Lord Howe Island and the boat was taken back to Ostac were they replaced the outer hull with a fiberglass 1
    From your information that you have just gave me Jeff McDavitt must be a Master Tradesman every part of this boat has been impregnated inside and out with epoxy and still has virtually no rot in it after all these years the boat is moored at Bribie on the Island side just near the bridge its coming out of the water on the 3rd of next month to have a hole fixed were it got rammed on its swing mooring and be anti fouled and underwater survey to try and get full insurance on it as at the moment can only get 3rd party insurance if you no of any off its history id really like to no if you dont mind or people i may be able to contact Ken Brookes has been very helpfull his a friend of Robin Chamberlin and used to own Shuttle another Cirrostratus thats for sale in Melbourne anything you no would be greatly appeciated either on this site or 0438983900 thanks Kevin

Jeff lives on the Sunshine Coast, so not far from you, and he would probably be interested in seeing Skit. I don't have his number but you should be able to find one for McDavitt Yacht Constructions, or look for him in the phone book. I have heard the story about loosing the float on the way from NZ to Aus, and Jeff & Robin were on board at the time. They actually went the rest of the way to Australia with only one outer hull, that is how well it is built, and Jeff is certainly a top tradesman. (He built Catchcry for us to lock up stage). Robin was one of the owners of Ostac at that time. Robin now lives in Tasmania, and is a bit hard to get hold of, and does not use the internet/emails much.

Quote Originally Posted by catchcryhamm View Post
    Jeff lives on the Sunshine Coast, so not far from you, and he would probably be interested in seeing Skit. I don't have his number but you should be able to find one for McDavitt Yacht Constructions, or look for him in the phone book. I have heard the story about loosing the float on the way from NZ to Aus, and Jeff & Robin were on board at the time. They actually went the rest of the way to Australia with only one outer hull, that is how well it is built, and Jeff is certainly a top tradesman. (He built Catchcry for us to lock up stage). Robin was one of the owners of Ostac at that time. Robin now lives in Tasmania, and is a bit hard to get hold of, and does not use the internet/emails much.
    I really appreciate your information i tried to ring him but no answer does he still work if so id like him to repair the hull damage i have had the roof down in the boat every were it is epoxy saturated ply even in the outer hull that is damaged and roof is fully insulated couldnt work out why it was so cool inside until i pulled the head lining he must be a good boat builder this boat is over 30 years old and still like brand new in bilges deck hull and paint on the hull deck needs repainting as previous owner used concrete paint to paint deck bad move but i guess he didnt no were are you situated and do you now anymore history about this boat you must have a mighty good boat going by the quality of my boat Kevin