Thread: Facebook group?

Default Facebook group?

I just signed a contract on a Voyage 430 and wanted to network with other owners. Lots of other owners groups use Facebook Groups for communication. Did Voyage owners ever create one?

i would be willing to set one up and help manage it if people are interested.

Stan

Default Re: Facebook group?

Have you checked on Yahoo Groups. There are several active groups there and they may include Voyage.

Anyway, good luck with your new boat. When do you get it?

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

I haven't checked there yet. Facebook is a better platform
    I test sail it May 2-3 and If all goes well take possession over Memorial Day weekend.

I created a new Facebook group - Voyage Catamaran Owners Worldwide

Feel free to apply
    and get some discussions going!

I suggest that you look at all the sources of information. Different people favour different ones. There are many who avoid facebook like the plague. But good luck anyway.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

When I started shopping for a crusing cat, I really liked South African boats. Before I discovered Voyage I thought I was going to purchase an Island Spirit. I joined their owners group on Facebook and it is really successful with a lot of participation. With notifications on new topics and such you don't miss anything. And it's free

I made the group so all we need now is to spread the word!

Join the Voyage Catamaran Owners Group on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1614218135459635/

I am being dragged, kicking and screaming into FACEBOOK!!! AARRGH!!!!!

At our multihull club's last meeting, someone mentioned we all needed to like the new page, many of us were giving questioning looks? What if we don't use "the" Facebook. The previous week I found out my cousin had died. when I talked to her brother telling him I didn't realize she was that ill, he said her daughter had been posting about her condition. So there , I missed important family news from not being with it. Now another reason to rethink about using our boat Facebook page. We have a Facebook for Silver Lining, our boat in Tortola. My wife made the page three years ago when the boat left S.A. but we rarely access it. Now I'll have to do the remember password exercise, double AARRGH!!!!

Lol it's a great platform to communicate
    Join the Voyage Catamaran Owners Group on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1614218135459635/

To add to that, later when another guy and I were talking about it , I told him I don't have time to spend on Facebook. I have to keep up with my forum reading for sailing and my favorite football team.. the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS