Thread: Hoping this forum is still active, just getting into the sailing universe

Default Hoping this forum is still active, just getting into the sailing universe

Hi all, my wife and I have submitted a contract on a brand new 2014 Gemini 35 Legacy and should be taking on our new baby the first week of June if all goes as expected and if the Catamaran Company gets all of the goodies installed that they are supposed to by then. We are a Florida couple and I hope all of you existing Gemini folks are happy with the quality of the product and are out having as much fun as we plan to. Just wanted to say hello.... hope to see you all out on the water. Once we know what we are doing (novices) we will be looking for buddy boat runs to the Bahamas and points elsewhere....

Bill

(soon to be) s/v Boriken
    2014 Gemini Legacy 35

Default Re: Hoping this forum is still active, just getting into the sailing universe

Congratulations. Someone recently commented on a forum that they still make the 105MC. I didn't believe it so I wonder if you have any info on that?

Default Re: Hoping this forum is still active, just getting into the sailing universe

Quote Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
    Congratulations. Someone recently commented on a forum that they still make the 105MC. I didn't believe it so I wonder if you have any info on that?

Hello, you are right, they don't make the 105MC any longer it has been redesigned as the Legacy 35. In addition to that change they apparently switched from Hunter as the builder to Catalina as the 2015 Legacy Gemini 35's builder. There are a few changes between the 2014 Legacy 35 and the 2015 Legacy 35 but we got a very nice deal on the Gemini 35 built by Hunter, model close out sort of thing....

Best Regards,
    Bill

That all sounds good, well done. Please keep us posted with your progress.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Bill all the Best with the new baby.
    By any chance are you docked in South Florida? If so send me a private message

We are eager to take delivery, closing is set for early June....details details details - I do have a question for the folks in a Hurricane zone like I will be, what do you do with your Cats when a storm is forecast or on its way? Seems like our preferred future home port Loggerhead Marina will give us a clear out order and I am curious - do you get them pulled and strapped down? Stuck in a building somewhere? What does one do? Also, my Insurance folks have a section on our quote request for "What is your Hurricane plan" - I am not sure other than tying and lighting a candle what else I would do but if there is a place that "specializes" in pulling and storing 35 foot cats (or larger) - I would like to put the number in my rolodex to say the least....any suggestions? I will go Forum browsing and I am sure there are countless entries for this apologize if I am beating a dead horse

Bill

(soon to be) s/v Boriken
    2014 Gemini Legacy 35
    Hull 1188

Bill,

Congratulations, and fair winds.

Marshall
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

Thanks so much Marshall, just going through the financing doldrums now - not a cheap prospect, alas I am not a 1%'er but perhaps an ambitious 13%'er haha.....another few days of nervous adding of figures, calculations, and stomach pain and then we will be enjoying the time on the water....

Today I started the process for the naming, home porting of the vessel so it is getting to be more real now that the USCG is getting paperwork filed.....our baby is getting fitted out with the Generator, new AC unit, and all of the optional add-ons as well....really can't wait to take her out!

Bill

(oh so close to being) s/v Boriken
    2014 Gemini Legacy 35
    Hull 1188