Thread: Fuel economy for 20 hp outboard on Seawind 1000

Default Fuel economy for 20 hp outboard on Seawind 1000

I'm in the process of purchasing a Seawind 1000. It has two Tohatsu 4 stroke 20 hp outboards on her.

Unfortunately, there are no hour meters (at present), and the owner has no idea of how much fuel they use.

I'm in Australia and am going to take her down from Brisbane Water to Westernport Bay - a journey of about 600 nautical miles. So I want some indication of how far I might get on 120 litres of petrol.

Has anyone had any experience with 20 hp outboards on a Seawind 1000, and might be able to give me some indication about fuel economy?

Thanks

Relackson

Default Re: Fuel economy for 20 hp outboard on Seawind 1000

Interesting in that id like to know more about the Tohatsu 20hp ARE THEY long shaft and high thrust and what is the prop pitch and diameter?

Default Re: Fuel economy for 20 hp outboard on Seawind 1000

Quote Originally Posted by victor View Post
    Interesting in that id like to know more about the Tohatsu 20hp ARE THEY long shaft and high thrust and what is the prop pitch and diameter?
    Hi victor

Thanks for your reply.

Yep, they are long shaft and high thrust. The prop specs read like this: Propeller Mark = 9; 3 blade X 235 mm diameter X 229 pitch. I hope this is helpful.

Relackson