Thread: Privilege 435 Circuit Boards

Default Privilege 435 Circuit Boards

We had a lightning strike and need a source for the circuit boards on a 2001 Privilege 435. Any information on part numbers would be helpful since ours are painted over. Thanks.

Default Re: Privilege 435 Circuit Boards

I think you'll need to get them direct from the factory. They will be helpful if you contact them. Fill in the form for the after-sales department at http://www.privilege-marine.com/afte...fter-sale.html Give them your hull number and they will know what you need.

It won't be cheap but if your insurance company is paying then that doesn't matter quite so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Neytiri View Post
    We had a lightning strike and need a source for the circuit boards on a 2001 Privilege 435. Any information on part numbers would be helpful since ours are painted over. Thanks.
    Which boards in particular and I can take a look. The ones I can think of offhand are the 12v relay boards, 240v relay boards and the various display boards in the panel above the helm station.

Wont be for a few days though as we're about to put out to sea for a 4-6 day passage...

I also second Mike's comment - talk to Xavier at Privilege, he'll know whats in your particular boat.

The factory just got back to me and the boards "do not exist anymore. The supplier stopped about 6 years ago".

Xavier cannot supply the board. It is the 12 volt board on the port side of the starboard hull and controls pumps and possibly other functions we have not detected yet. It has 4 power connections on one end. Four relays and four fuses on one side and four fuses on the other side. Thanks

That's a pity. If you haven't got a copy of the circuit diagrams, maybe one of the members here has a copy. The circuit diagrams were still aboard my boat when I sold it. The new owner of my boat is a member but I think he is out cruising at the moment. I'll bet rickp has a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannius View Post
    That's a pity. If you haven't got a copy of the circuit diagrams, maybe one of the members here has a copy. The circuit diagrams were still aboard my boat when I sold it. The new owner of my boat is a member but I think he is out cruising at the moment. I'll bet rickp has a copy.
    I'm not sure my distribution manual has the circuit diagram for the *boards*. I don't think they're too hard to rework though - I'll take a look at mine in a day or so (just arrived back into Trinidad this morning after 3days 23hrs passage from French Guiana).

Its very disappointing that the factory don't stock spares themselves though. I wonder what they'd do if someone ordered a new 4 series today?

Rick

The guy working on the boat will try to build a new board but could really use a circuit diagram if you can find one. I will forward his request to Xavier as well.

Wish I could help - but I don't have the circuit diagram to which Mike was referring. I wish I did, as it would be handy...

I suppose they were more functional diagrams rather than circuit diagrams. Probably displaying my lack of electrical knowledge calling them circuit diagrams. Those boards are pretty simple though, fuse or breaker and a relay repeated several times so the function should be able to be replaced easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannius View Post
    I suppose they were more functional diagrams rather than circuit diagrams. Probably displaying my lack of electrical knowledge calling them circuit diagrams. Those boards are pretty simple though, fuse or breaker and a relay repeated several times so the function should be able to be replaced easily enough.
    The main issue is that if the board is completely toast, working out the mapping from incoming pin to relay and how the fuse status is sent back to the display panel. I don't see many ICs on the board (some darlington pairs for relay driving I guess) but there is a secondary board behind the first which is where the ribbon cable connects. I wonder if there's more on there. Not easy to see without lots of dismantling.

If it helps, I can probably do some photographing in a few days (once we're on the hard with everything switched off...)

I have a 2007 Privilege 495. i may have an extra board that you could use to have another board fabricated. I was just on a privilege that had its circuit boards removed in annapolis which I thought was smart.