Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bow beam for 50 foot cat

Default Re: Bow beam for 50 foot cat

Quote Originally Posted by quickcat49 View Post
    Thanks 44C. It's more a credit to the paint than the painter...

I've been building for 7 years, and had the bows sticking out for 6 years, and the total number of unprompted inquiries... ONE.

Even the guy who cuts my lawn never said boo, until I asked him to use the snipper under the bows. "What bow?"

I think a boat that size, in downtown, is so incongruous that no-one clues in. And, it's not that obvious from the street.

As you can see, it's only in view at very limited angles, between the neighbour's house blocking the sterns, and the trees blocking the yard, except just in front of the house and driveway.

As a matter of fact, that speck of white, seen within the trees, is a CS27, which cannot be seen, even from this angle.

In any case, I'm happy enough for the privacy.

Cheers.
    Paul.
    There's a lot of good work under a finish like that!

Funny, I had plenty of uninvited visitors to our shed. Also discovered the shed was the subject of local gossip. Apparently there was a marijuana crop being grown there! Maybe the reason for the visits...

Thanks for the compliments. I should have longboarded more, but it's not like it's the outside of the hulls...

Marijuana certainly would have helped pay for the build .

I have a 6m x 6m shed in the back yard I could have used for that. Of course, now that it's going to be legal here next year, I think I lost my chance .

Are you still happy with your new Mainsail?

Cheers.
    Paul.

Yes, the main is great. Definitely a fan of square tops now!

Makes sense to not be overly pedantic about fairing under the bridgedeck. And it's a good place to learn spray painting too! I did exactly the same.

Yeah, I've got about 6 runs under the b-deck. The largest one shows in one of the pics, on the right edge of the photo. I have a pretty good handle on it now though.

Glad to hear about your mainsail, I'm leaning that way now too, after reading some of your previous posts.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Port bow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks great! You must be looking forward to the day she comes out of the shed, and you can stand back and look at her.

Ineed we are. We have not seen her in full, and it might look like a barge! But i will be happy with the shiny paint.

Thanks for your comments. It's nice to hear from someone who's "been there".
    Cheers, and happy sailing.

Paul.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123