Thread: Wich Cat is this one??

Default Wich Cat is this one??

Hello everybody!!

Iīm a young sailor from South East Spain ( Murcia ) who is a fan about Catamarans. Iīm interested in buying this catamaran but honestly i donīt know wich model or type is this one. Can somebody help me??

Best Regards From Spain

Maverick

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Wich Cat is this one??

prout, some one will be along shortly with the exact model, 40 ish ft i recon

It could be a Prout but based on the mast position I would guess at it being an early Dean from South Africa.

Whatever it is, it looks nice.

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Looks like a Prout cabin top grafted on to the hull from something else. Don't think it is a Prout though because, as Peter says, the mast is wrong - would be much further back on an old Prout. Also, there is no central nacelle, something common to all Prouts of that era.

Early Dean is a good bet.

Thank you guys,

Iīll take more pictures and i`ll put them here. The boat looks like sun toasted but under my point of view it`s great, just need a little bit of love

Agains thanks for the advice, i heard about prouts but i didnīt know about dean catamarans .

Cheers!!!

Aristocat. Tony Smith brought the molds over from The UK and started the Gemini.

Quote Originally Posted by smj View Post
    Aristocat. Tony Smith brought the molds over from The UK and started the Gemini.
    Yes, I would agree. 30 ft ish looks bigger in the picture.

my first thought was 'early model Gemini'

Quote Originally Posted by smj View Post
    I'd concur. I have an Aristocat. I also worked for Tony to build the plugs, moulds, and the prototype 105m Gemini. Gemini have a tradition to paint their window band black. Their old boats, like this one, have more timber in them than the later boats which introduced grp inner mouldings. The (then new) 105m hull outperformed the old Gemini 30 and 31 footers as they were known, but to me they also felt more like plastic boats.

Pete

Looks like a Gemini 3400. I wonder who sailed her across the pond? No small feat for a Gemini.

Definitely not a 3400. Could be mistaken for one of the first Gemini 3000 without the pilot house, but I still think it is the predecessor, the Aristocat.

Cats are easy to love, and most sail better than we do.