Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Looking for SSB equipment

  1. #1

    Default Looking for SSB equipment

    Hello All

    getting the boat ready for extensive cruising.

    I would like like to put my hands on some SSB equipment.

    I have a preference for Icom but open minded.

    If if you are back from the long voyage and want to sell, let me know

    thanks in advance..

    Fair winds!

    Pierre
    S/V Sweet Mademoiselle
    Lagoon 420. #25

  2. #2

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by Catamarrant View Post
    I would like like to put my hands on some SSB equipment.

    I have a preference for Icom but open minded.
    Definitely worth checking ebay, as you can often find nice radios like the Icom 706-mkII being disposed off. Also worth asking any local ham groups, as they do disposals for 'silent keys' which often turn up nice kit.

    Rick

  3. #3

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Thank you Rick

    Sounds like great ideas.

    The 706 MKIIg is definitely on top of my list.

    I will look in those directions also.

    Best

    Pierre

  4. #4

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Seriously, you should look at some of the Ham sets. Kenwood, Yeasu to mention a couple. The various regulations that surround manufacturing licensing marine SSB has stunted any development and the prices remain very high. A ham set opened up for marine use will cost significantly less and be technologically far superior. You will not have DSC but on a sailing boat you are unlikely to make use of this.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Seriously, you should look at some of the Ham sets. Kenwood, Yeasu to mention a couple. The various regulations that surround manufacturing licensing marine SSB has stunted any development and the prices remain very high. A ham set opened up for marine use will cost significantly less and be technologically far superior. You will not have DSC but on a sailing boat you are unlikely to make use of this.
    Yup, but it seems he's already considering that as he's putting the ham rig 706 on his list...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by rickp View Post
    Yup, but it seems he's already considering that as he's putting the ham rig 706 on his list...
    Don't know how I missed that. Sounds like you are already on the case.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    I have an ICOM M700 for sale. Complete with tuner, microphone and manuals. Make me an offer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands, Holland
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/icom-706

    Lots of them to be found on Ebay.
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

  9. #9

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Thank you CPO
    Great radio but I need to transmit in the 14.000's which the 700 does not support. In my knowledge at least.
    Otherwise it is the kind of system I am looking for. Complete and working all together.

    Thanky you Sigma
    I will keep an eye on those as well.

    Fair winds!

    Pierre
    Sweet Mademoiselle
    Lagoon 420 #25

  10. #10

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Quote Originally Posted by Catamarrant View Post
    Hello All

    getting the boat ready for extensive cruising.

    I would like like to put my hands on some SSB equipment.

    I have a preference for Icom but open minded.

    If if you are back from the long voyage and want to sell, let me know

    thanks in advance..

    Fair winds!

    Pierre
    S/V Sweet Mademoiselle
    Lagoon 420. #25
    i have an ICOM SSB that I bought used about 10/12 years ago. I immediately took it to a marine electronics shop and had it completely checked out. Everything was functioning properly. I still have the receipt where it was checked out. My plans changed and it was never mounted. I don't know what is a fair price but I'd like to see someone get some use out of it. It's heavy and shipping will not be cheap for you but tell me what it's worth to you and chances are very good it'll be yours. Radio is in storage but I can send you photos and the model # if you're interested.

    Herb Seaton
    MY Phantom 53

  11. #11

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    I have a perfect used ICOM SSB Tuner for sale.
    Bought it for an SSB project but decided to go for an Iridium Go instead.
    looking for 200 for the tuner - retail 400 new

    Icom AH-4 Automatic Antenna Tuner


    Barely used, full working order, please see photos for cosmetic condition.


    Comes with
    * Icom AH-4 Antenna Tuner
    * Brand new plug for connecting to an Icom transiever
    * Printed Manual

  12. #12

    Default Re: Looking for SSB equipment

    Thank you All

    I have found a complete system.

    Pierre
    S/V Sweet Mademoiselle
    L420 #25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •