Thread: Catalac hinges

Default Catalac hinges

For anyone that needs the hinges on the Catalac 8m redone: Must wait 24 hours...

I tried upoading to here but it kept telling me the file was invalid.

Enjoy.

*edit*
    Seems thingiverse wants me to wait 24 hours before publishing anything.
    Sorry about that.
    Last edited by yam_fzr; 1st August 2016 at 09:07 PM. Reason: update information

Default Re: Catalac hinges

OK, the wait time is over, here is the link: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1698951

I've checked the hole alignment with the original hinges I had and they are correct.

Nope, still can't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    Nope, still can't see it?
    Did the link take you to thingiverse?

When I first uploaded it to the site it displayed but then later just disappeared.
    I don't know why the site itself won't display it but the files are there to download in openscad which you'll need to print the thing anyway.

It took me to thingy but said there were no files to upload?
    Not to worry, I'm in need of some cockpit locker hinges on my 9m, any clues

OK, I think I fixed it. I enabled the customizer option. You can now change the style from N ot T and see it before you download.

Quote Originally Posted by Watty View Post
    It took me to thingy but said there were no files to upload?
    Not to worry, I'm in need of some cockpit locker hinges on my 9m, any clues
    Not sure why you can't see the files, it's been downloaded 16 times by others.
    r.e. getting the hinges, the best advice I can give you is to download these files and make them.
    You can send the files to places to be made if you don't have a 3D printer or check some public libraries as they now have them in some places.
    The inability to get good quality replacements that fit without re drilling the holes was what prompted me to make this program in the first place.

Don't know why but tried again & it all works fine? Many thanks for your time & trouble.

It's the internet so who knows why these things bounce from working to not. Had it happen too me many times before.
    Hope they work out for you. I figured I can't be the only person out there with hinge problems on the Catalac seeing as I have about three on the boat that are not broken!
    I'm printing mine thicker (6mm) and the difference in strength is huge. Bonus is that you can use the same pin that is on the original hinges. Just drill out the outer lobe hinges (slightly bigger than the pin) so only the inner lobe holds the pin while the outer is free to move. That will prevent the pin from working itself loose.

To the folks who went ahead and had this hinge made ..

1.) did it work?
    2.) will the base material stand up to UV light?
    3.) Is it worth the trouble, or convert to Stainless hinges?

Thanks