Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightning Strike on 2007 Privilege 445

Default Re: Lightning Strike on 2007 Privilege 445

Thanks for the suggestion. Any replacement system will naturally require a whole lot of work, checking, planning and money. In the long run I agree it is probably smart to start looking for a more modern system, but for the near future a replacement board would be a real problem killer.

I am intrigued by this device as a replacement for our relay boards and panels:
    https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-4ch-pro.html

With 2 of these, you have your 8 channel relay board covered. They are 12 volt, DIN rail mount, have local push button control in case of a LAN failure.
    It looks like the control app has a LAN mode since the cloud is not always there when cruising. With internet, you can control and monitor you boat from anywhere.

I have one on order to see if this is a viable option.

Any thoughts y'all?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very interesting, I will also study this. As time passes, Privilege owners (and maybe others) will have failures and problems with old circuit boards. Maybe wireless is the future, but I am still a bit sceptical to relying on wireless control. There are often issues with networks, as many a modern sailor knows.
    I do not know how much power the LED's and relays of the old system uses. Maybe it is more than a Wifi/LAN unit, but I believe the latter will be drawing power constantly?

A company in Norway said they might be able to repair our circuit board, I will go for that try. If successful, I have bought some time for planning possible future replacements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12