Thread: LRC versus Classic Specs

Default LRC versus Classic Specs

Hi Folks

Single-hander Mono bluewater cruiser making the transition, and now looking for a good PDQ 32 or 36.

Greatly appreaciate it if you all could help with one specific issue:

Is the main difference between the LRCs and the Classics in the power plant -- 9.9 outboards versus diesel inboards?

Or are there other significant differences -- for instance, beefier standing rigging, chainplates, keel stubs, rudders, deck equipment, cleats, and/or larger fuel or water tanks?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been dealt with before but i've been searching various websites and fora for this info for a couple weeks now, without much success.

Default Re: LRC versus Classic Specs

I believe the only difference is the outboard vs diesel. I personally wouldn't consider the diesel option on the PDQ's, to much weight and drag.

Wasn't there an option for one diesel and one outboard? I think the LRC also had more tankage and maybe a hardtop?

Mark
    Mark Cole
    Manta 40 "Reach"
    www.svreach.com

Not sure about the diesel and outboard, but the tankage was the same at 55 gallons and I believe they were putting hard tops on both the outboard and diesel model.