Thread: Solaris Sunstar 32 for Sale

Default Solaris Sunstar 32 for Sale

Catamaran Solaris Sunstar 32

Erik Lerouge designed.
    Launched 2003, laid up 2005 then launched again 2010

Length 31 10
    Beam 17 5
    Draught 3

Twin 17 hp Lombardini twin cylinder Diesels less than 300 hours each.

New slab reefing mainsail with lazy jacks and stack pack, furling Genoa and Cruising Chute with snuffer 2005 not used until 2010 and used little since.

All lines leading to cockpit, Andersen electric winch at helm.

Raymarine C80 Plotter with Full Radar, Raymarine Depth, Wind and Speed at helm along with Repeater at inside navigation table.

Navico fluxgate compass at helm along with Auto Pilot, Remote Mic for VHF and Remote Electric Windlass control and switch section for horns, searchlights etc.

Full Stainless Steel Davits incorporating Radar, and TV Aerial with Safety Horseshoes either side and Danbuoy.

Cockpit with Teak effect sole and also on seats, cock pit lockers and adjustable Padded Helm Seat.

Full cockpit cover NEW 2015 hich is very flexible in configurations depending whether you want protecting from either the wind, the rain or the sun, various zips and ties etc.

Twin 10 mm lockable Perspex doors into main saloon which has comfortable seating for 6 to 8 with height adjustable and removable table, various storage areas behind seats and below seating, opening hatch in roof, all LED lighting and a safe.

Large nav station with very extensive fuse panel for DC or AC, navigation repeater and compass and Icom VHF radio, auto switches for electric bilge pumps, Raid/CD player linking to TV point on starboard side.

Mixture of laminate flooring and carpet throughout the boat where applicable.

Steps down to starboard hull with shelving in the aisle.

There is a large twin bedded aft cabin with opening hatch, various lockers and storage.

Centre of hull has good sized galley with twin burner hob and grill, sink with pressurized hot and cold water, plenty of storage and opening hatch.

Forward is a very good sized single (almost double) with storage and locker and opening hatch.

Steps from saloon down to starboard hull with shelving.

Large queen sized double aft cabin with lockers and storage and opening hatch.

Centre of hull large cabin area with wash basin with hot and cold pressurized water and opening hatch.

Forward is an exceptional sized heads and shower room with opening hatch, hot and cold pressurized shower with teak drainage grid, wet locker and a manual heads, two storage lockers one with the holding tank.

Outside the boat has plenty of room for lounging 4 huge lockers for, fenders, mooring rope and other warps, buckets deck wash equipment,

There is a 25 kg stainless steel Bruce anchor with 30 metres of chain and 50 metres or rope rode.

There is fillers for two separate fuel tanks holding approximately 100 litres each and fillers for two separate fresh water tanks.

There is also a deck wash pump with hose etc.

Other info.

There are two (one in each hull) calorifiers for hot water.

Two 110 Amp Hour batteries new 2016 and another 110 Amp Hour battery new 2014.

She has a secure gas locker with drainage to the outside.

She has full shore power with 13 amp sockets in the cabins, galley and saloon and a very efficient battery charger.

This boat comes fully equipped and ready to sail around the world if you want to as some have, she is very roomy and comfortable.

The fastest I have been was 11.8 knots in 26 knots of wind, there is very little slamming even in rough conditions due to the arched design of the underneath of the flybridge.

There is one little downside, there is a small amount of lining to be replaced on the ceilings, any one with simple DIY skills could complete this in a week, it is not structural only cosmetic, but that is it, otherwise she is a tremendous boat in beautiful condition with loads more to tell and see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Solaris Sunstar 32 for Sale

Hi Ian... I was just thinking about you the other day when I saw the recent Solaris threads. Sadly I'm not a purchaser for your lovely boat but I'll send a catch-up pm.

Mike

Hi Ian,

I was thinking about you as well.

We sold Searenity this fall; I helped the new owner deliver her to her new home in Rhode Island on November 8-9.

As you know, Sandi and I never really got to enjoy Searenity the way we had planned to after our personal tragedy and loss; it literally took the wind out of our sails. We tried a lot the past three summers, but we just never got to where we'd hoped to be. We discussed selling her this summer, and I even posted on the forum. Interestingly, an owner of a Beneteau 38 monohull approached us on Block Island and asked if he could have a look, as he was considering a catamaran (we hadn't posted any signs--the only placed I discussed was here). Two days later he came back and asked to have another look, and said if we were considering selling, to please contact him. Our daughter got engaged this summer and that was the tipping point to let Searenity go.

The gentleman who approached us on Block Island is now Searenity's new owner. He has some good plans for her and has already started some upgrades; I am pleased to know she is being treated well.

Good luck selling Babiba.

Marshall
    Last edited by searenitysail; 19th November 2016 at 09:29 PM.
    "People sail for fun and no one has yet convinced me that it's more fun to go slow than it is to go fast." -- Dick Newick

Hello Ian , she looks really good you have done a fine job !

I wish you luck selling and I am sure it will sell quickly as there are few boats around in this size .
    Looking at your windows , what did you do with them ? it looks as if you made framing for them ?
    I have to replace mine this winter as they leak after using Butyl to seal them .
    Butyl stays very soft and sticky in the heat here and has poor adhesion to Acrylic , so out they will come .

were you happy with the lombardini engines ? and what speed would she do at say 2500 rpm ?

kind regards ,
    Graham/ Wild Honey
    I didn,t get where I am today by being somewhere else !

HI: would be looking to move this boat to the US. Do you feel comfortable listing the asking price? Dave

Hi Graham, I have just gone to the thread here as I was inquisitive to see if the advert was still live and have just seen some replies, I never got email notifications about these, so sorry you did not get an answer, so here is my reply.
    The windows were exactly the same when I got the boat, they are aluminium frames in 2 inner and 2 outer halves, so that the perspex or glass sitting in a rubber U channel is slotted into a wide channel. There is another narrower channel between the glass and the outside of the frame into which slides an aluminium strip, so when the two halves are pushed together the strip is screwed on either side holding the outer 2 frames tightly together. The whole window is then positioned into the opening and the two inner frames clamp from the inside with several screws, they are a bugger to get back in as the have to bend in 3 axis. But they are strong and keep the water out, hope I have made myself clear.
    I have found the Lombardini engines fines, never any problems, at about 2500 I get about 6.5 knots at 3200 with a clean bottom I can get just over 8.
    If you want some close up pictures of the windows let me know and I will send some over.
    Cheers
    Ian

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply and as I have just said to Graham, I have just gone to the thread here as I was inquisitive to see if the advert was still live and have just seen some replies, I never got email notifications about these, so sorry you did not get an answer, so here is my reply.
    I am selling her because I do not have the time to give her she deserves, plus I am having arthritis problems in my elbows and shoulders which is limiting me from doing too much heavy work so sailing in a stiff breeze becomes very painful, unfortunately!!! She is completely finished and looks really nice both inside and out. Are you doing any boating these days? Speak soon. Cheers Ian

Hi Marshall, Thanks for your reply and nice to hear from you as I have just said to Graham and Mike, I have just gone to the thread here as I was inquisitive to see if the advert was still live and have just seen some replies, I never got email notifications about these, so sorry you did not get an answer, so here is my reply.
    I am pleased to hear that Searenity's new owner is looking after her and I always thought after your loss that your motivation had dropped of a bit, so I am sorry about this. Have you considered maybe a smaller boat that is less work?
    After I sell Babiba I may even consider a motor boat
    just so that I can still get onto the water.
    I am selling her because I do not have the time to give her she deserves, plus I am having arthritis problems in my elbows and shoulders which is limiting me from doing too much heavy work so sailing in a stiff breeze becomes very painful, unfortunately!!! She is completely finished and looks really nice both inside and out. Speak soon. Cheers Ian

Hi David, my apologies for not replying to you, but as I have just said to Graham, Mike and Marshall, I have just gone to the thread here as I was inquisitive to see if the advert was still live and have just seen some replies, I never got email notifications about these, so sorry you did not get an answer, so here is my reply.
    I am selling her because I do not have the time to give her she deserves, plus I am having arthritis problems in my elbows and shoulders which is limiting me from doing too much heavy work so sailing in a stiff breeze becomes very painful, unfortunately!!! She is completely finished and looks really nice both inside and out. I do have a couple interested in buying my boat at the moment, but she is not sold until the money is in my bank, If they do not proceed are you still interested?. Let me know. Cheers Ian