Thread: Owner's manual for a privilege 42

Default Owner's manual for a privilege 42

Hi
    If somebody could be kind and helpfull , I try to find the owner's manual for the privilege 42 (1996).

Thanks a lot and go on ...

Default Re: Owner's manual for a privilege 42

We have the 42 and I found a manual on line, unfortunately, I do not have a soft copy to send you. It must be on an old computer, it is out there on the web though. However, the manual may be disappointing, it does not tell you much about how this specific boat is built or it's systems. It spends a lot of pages on general sailing principles. I don't know who wrote this but they were misguided about the purpose of a manual. I would give it 3 of 10 stars, of no real value. But, it is a great boat and you will eventually be able to write your own manual.

thank you for this quick answer, if you remember the website where to download thie manual, I stay still interested ont it !!!

Regards and thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick M View Post
    thank you for this quick answer, if you remember the website where to download thie manual, I stay still interested ont it !!!

Regards and thanks for your help
    Patrick,

It's been a while since I found it. I would just google a few "questions". The title is Privilege 42' Owner's Manual, by Jeantot Marine. Hope that helps.

Bill

OK but the reason why I post this thread is I did not found the document whathever the request was on google....

hope somebody can help

Patrick

I thought this thread was closed, but if not, here is a copy of a P42 Owners Manual that I made by taking pictures of during a charter in the BVI. It's not a real manual but it's pretty close. Most of it is generic for all Privilege models anyway. Enjoy.
    https://sites.google.com/site/sailto...%20Maunal.pdf?
    Dave
    www.sailtortuguita.com