Thread: 1995 Privilege 45 construction

Default 1995 Privilege 45 construction

Hello,
    Trying to find out about the layup and core material used in 1995 Privilege 45.

Thanks.
    CAPT Luke

Default Re: 1995 Privilege 45 construction

Hi Luke,

We have had the '95 45 for 10 years. The core is grid scored divinylcell covered with cloth then mat then gelcoat.

The bulkheads are non scored solid divinycell with one layer of decent weight cloth on each side.

Everything aft of the keel below the waterline is solid fiberglass (the engine support section). The keels have 3 vertical sections (forward of the bilge) filled with expanding foam. The keels otherwise have no core material, just the solid fiberglass exterior.

The deck is also foam core with marine plywood laminated in areas for attaching the interior parts and headliner panels.

There is alot of stainless plate laminated in areas such as the chain plates, cleats, winches, traveler, etc. Essentially all the high load attach points.

Most screws and bolts such as stantions, rubrail, trampoline eyebolts, locker hinges, etc have been glassed over to prevent failed sealant from causing a leak.

I hope this is of help.

Cheers, Dave
    Last edited by djdeakyne; 12th December 2016 at 02:07 AM.

Thank you Dave. That is exactly what I've been looking for. I've read your blog, WOW! You have been out there and what a beautiful boat you have. I am surveying a '95 45 today, and it's looking like we will close this week. Do you have a PDF copy of the owners manual for the 45?

Thanks again,
    Luke

Hi Luke,
    Thanks for appreciating the quality of Privilege cats.
    Funny you should ask about the owners manual. I tried to get it from Privilege, which was then Alliaura, and they didn't seem to be able to even find a paperclip from the 'old Privilege days'. I just posted a link to the Privilege 42 Owners Manual on the other thread that I camera ripped from a 42' when we were bareboating. Most of the manual is generic Privilege and non catamaran specific, so it is appropriate for the 45' as well.
    http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/...a-privilege-42
    Which boat are you looking at? (the name). Good luck with the survey. If you need anything else, just let me know.
    Cheers, Dave

"Which boat are you looking at? (the name). Good luck with the survey. If you need anything else, just let me know.
    Cheers, Dave"

I'm under contract with the vessel Jackdaw (1995 Privilege 45). Anyone have any knowledge of this boat? There is a Privilege 43 owners manual on the boat, if I close on her I will make a PDF of the manual and post here.

Thanks,
    Luke