Thread: Mainecat 38 #2 has been launched

Default Mainecat 38 #2 has been launched

Hello All,

Long time coming but currently in the process of delivering our MC 38 "Allelu" south to the Miami 2017 boat show and subsequently aboard ship to be taken safely to the PNW. I'm at home but will return to S.Carolina mid-January to continue the delivery.

Here's a couple vids of the first part of the trip while under sail mostly in winds 20-30 kts. The rest has been under power as we were in the ICW. Hope to change that in January...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbI...P0tJMsX1Doy8Sg

Default Re: Mainecat 38 #2 has been launched

Now safely 'home' in Anacortes, Wa Cap Sante Marina after an uneventful deck passage from West Palm Beach to Victoria BC.

How much did the shipment cost? Just interested to know how much it costs to ship on deck compared to sailing.

Jeannius, about $28k plus marinas for 6 weeks in FL waiting on the ship. Still cheaper than going on her own bottom. Fuel, Canal, Port Fees, safety equipment, food, crew airfare, 3 months minimum time value, wear and tear vs 3 weeks, NO wear and tear, = No contest, especially since at least 4000 miles are upwind!

Thanks for sharing! Is this price ($28k) high in your opinion? I have no comparison.

About the same as shipping a 41' cat 10 years ago. See above post for the reasons I think it's 'worth it'. Is it a chunk of money? Yup.