Thread: Ready for a silly question? Where are the engine batteries on a P435.

Default Ready for a silly question? Where are the engine batteries on a P435.

Ok, I realize that this is going to be a very silly question, but where the heck are my engine batteries? We've had our P435 for almost two years now, and my battery setup is still kind of screwing me up. The previous owner had changed out the original battery meter with a mastervolt, but I haven't quite figured out how the banks are set up.

Anyway, I *believe* that I'm supposed have my 5 house batteries set up in the two compartments under the starboard side floor boards. Then I'm supposed to have a starter battery for each engine, but where the heck are they? The battery shut offs for the engine batteries are in the port and starboard stateroom closets.

Default Re: Ready for a silly question? Where are the engine batteries on a P435.

Lol. They are under the floor in the rear bedrooms.

Default Re: Ready for a silly question? Where are the engine batteries on a P435.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Lol. They are under the floor in the rear bedrooms.
    Actually I don't think so. Under the floor boards in the aft staterooms is just some storage.

Quote Originally Posted by sail2371 View Post
    Actually I don't think so. Under the floor boards in the aft staterooms is just some storage.
    Ah. In that case you've had an owner who has changed things around a bit! I think I originally had 4 x 12v house batteries (which were later changed for 6 x 6v) in the stbd centre bilge area and, as Aururo says, a 12v start battery under the floor in each of the aft cabins.
    Last edited by Jeannius; 30th January 2017 at 10:22 AM.

If the 435 is like our 445, after you lift up the floor covering the storage area in the aft berths, lift the remaining floor which covers a box containing the starter batteries. One in each rear berth.

Mine (435) are as J&T describes - under the inboard floor panel in each aft-cabin.

Mine (435) are as J&T describes - under the inboard floor panel in each aft-cabin.

Sail23', did you ever find your engine batteries? If so, where were/are they?