Thread: New engine Catalac 9mtr

Lightbulb New engine Catalac 9mtr

Has anyone fitted a new engine, I am thinking of a beta 10 or 14 they same size to replace the renault couach 8 or any ideas what's best. E Inglis

Default Re: New engine Catalac 9mtr

Hi, I'm currently a desktop cruiser monitoring about 800 YouTube channels and many blogs. Recently several YouTubers have re-engined and they all choose Beta and so far all are happy with their choice. So I would say choosing Beta will make you happy so you can adventure on. BTW my website might be of use http://www.adventuresonboats.com there are 1000+ links to sailing and cruiser blogs and vlogs.
    -johnny

Thank you will have a look. Sailingernie

That's it sorted two beta 10 hp and your right am happy

I've recently joined the multihull club and have acquired a Catalac 9M. I'd only ever owned monohulls before, although I had sailed on both an Iroquois and a Fountaine-Pajot Maldives 32. Its Renault inboard diesels were replaced at some time with twin Kubota 2-cylinder diesels, one of which was later replaced with a 3-cylinder Kubota. Apparently the both Kubotas used the gearbox and stern gear of the Renaults. Kubotas are very reliable and spares are available everywhere. At some point, I might replace the remaining twin with a second 3-cylinder unit to match the other.

(By the way, I'm told the Renault Couach was the same as the Hatz diesel, a lovely little motor I once picked up at a boat jumble).