Thread: Seawind 24 mast stays

Default Seawind 24 mast stays

As you could see from the pics, all of my stays are attaching to this shackle in front of the mast. Even though it is a good one and the tang looks strong, I am worried because everything is holding on the one point. Is this a normal (like everybody has it that way)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Seawind 24 mast stays

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGrumpy View Post
    As you could see from the pics, all of my stays are attaching to this shackle in front of the mast. Even though it is a good one and the tang looks strong, I am worried because everything is holding on the one point. Is this a normal (like everybody has it that way)?
    mines the same system but it has a welded ring instead of a shackle

Well,
    I've got the boat with the ring that was a bit worn. I've got a biggest shackle that will fit. Still I would love a better arrangement.

Mine is the same. Large shackle on similar mast fitting holding everything. Inadvertently dropped the mast backwards last week, not realizing the headsail is the front shroud. Live and learn.

they are all the same because the SW has a rotating mast and thus needs a single attachment point with the rotating mast mast base as the bottom end.