Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Escape Windows Leopard 48

  1. #1

    Default Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Hi there
    just joined
    greeting to all
    i have just acquired a Leopard 4800
    I believe the escape hatches are renowned to leak water
    a production fault I believe
    can anyone tell me how to go about permanently resolving this issue
    rather than just keep plugging it with silicone as the previous owners have been doing
    all the best
    Jeff

  2. #2

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Jeff, contact Kent at Justcatamarans.net. He will be able to assist you. Also, do yourself a favour and join the Leopard Catamaran group on Yahoo Groups, a very active group of Leopard owners. Maybe your query has already been discussed and solved there. John
    The Ex-Delivery Guy
    Now retired on land after sailing over 400,000 nautical miles.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Jeff, contact Kent at Justcatamarans.net. He will be able to assist you. Also, do yourself a favour and join the Leopard Catamaran group on Yahoo Groups, a very active group of Leopard owners. Maybe your query has already been discussed and solved there. John

    Hi john
    first of all
    thanks a ton for taking king the time to respond
    second I will contact Kent ths a ton
    third
    excuse mynstupidity
    could younsend me the link for the leopard group on Yahoo
    many many ths
    where have you decided to lay the compass tomrest
    best
    jeff

  4. #4

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Quote Originally Posted by chootspah View Post
    Hi john
    first of all
    thanks a ton for taking king the time to respond
    second I will contact Kent ths a ton
    third
    excuse mynstupidity
    could younsend me the link for the leopard group on Yahoo
    many many ths
    where have you decided to lay the compass tomrest
    best
    jeff
    Jeff, here is the link to the group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LeopardCat/info

    However, you must still join Yahoo Groups before you can subscribe - it is free. If you do not know how to do that, ask your neighbours 12 year old kid - you will find he is a genius at such things that us old farts struggle to comprehend!

    i am at present living at my home in Cape Town, looking after my crock wife and doing a bit of boat work here in South Africa. John.
    The Ex-Delivery Guy
    Now retired on land after sailing over 400,000 nautical miles.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Hi again John
    ths for the link
    and I'll take your advice on the yahoo link
    im afraid all this stuffs scares the hell out of me
    so !!!
    jy is n Boertjie dan
    where in CT john
    im from Durbs
    now living in London
    in process of moving to Turkey
    where the leopard is moored
    surname
    van Antwerpen
    which I think speaks for itself
    all the best
    jeff

  6. #6

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    Jeff, here is the link to the group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LeopardCat/info

    However, you must still join Yahoo Groups before you can subscribe - it is free. If you do not know how to do that, ask your neighbours 12 year old kid - you will find he is a genius at such things that us old farts struggle to comprehend!

    i am at present living at my home in Cape Town, looking after my crock wife and doing a bit of boat work here in South Africa. John.
    ================================================== ====
    Hi again John
    hope you well
    just on a further note
    regarding my Leopard 48
    what do think the feasibility of fitting electric engines to the boat are
    do you think it would be possible
    the battery could be charged by the generator ???
    id be keen to hear your thoughts
    best
    jeff

    if you could use my email
    it would be easier
    info AT dekorhomes DOT com

  7. #7

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    I have no experience with electric powering of a Leopard cat and really cannot offer any advice to you. Why not send a query to the designers or the R&C factory and see what they have to say. Personally I think it would be a massive task at huge cost . . . . and you would most likely be quite disappointed at the end of the day with performance.
    The Ex-Delivery Guy
    Now retired on land after sailing over 400,000 nautical miles.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Hi again John
    I think I will give it a try with R & C
    as you say
    most likely hugely disappointing but
    moving forward in this world we living in
    and Volvo already vowing to have all their production ELECTRIC by 2020
    im sure this is well where we will probably be heading in years to come
    I heard a rumour that Mercedes are entering the marine market with an electric prototype
    so
    I may as well inquire
    Being in CT
    you wouldn't by any chance have an address for me would you ???
    and more helpful
    a name if that is remotely possible
    all the best mate
    jeff

  9. #9

    Default Re: Escape Windows Leopard 48

    Mail sent to your email address.
    The Ex-Delivery Guy
    Now retired on land after sailing over 400,000 nautical miles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •