Thread: Madeleine of Netley

Default Madeleine of Netley

For anyone who doesn't know and who might be looking for a Catalac 900, the above vessel is for sale at Brighton Marina, England. Build and sail number; 906.

Default Re: Madeleine of Netley

Interested to know if any forum member have any info on this boat. A couple of historic (pre 2012) posts on this forum suggest that it was once to a high standard, but it would appear that recently it has struggled to sell and any background info would be great as I might be interested in having a look at it.

MofN was fitted and re-fitted by me over several years commencing 1998. She was fitted to an exceptionally high standard and became a benchmark for subsequent 900s. She was bought by me for 32k and sold for 45k.

She was sold on three or four times, each time being neglected and experiencing consequential price drops. She is currently at Brighton Marina in GB and has rather a long list of defects none of which should detract from her essential worthiness.

She has potential to be returned to her former glory and if I hadn't been busy with other matters might have been keen to buy her. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer.

Seen this boat recently on Boatbid.com for a starting bid of 12,500, although it now seems to have been withdrawn, so they may now have accepted an offer.