Thread: Anchor Bridle attachment system

Default Anchor Bridle attachment system

I am building a 40ft Cat in Indonesia it is almost complete.

The Anchor locker and Winch are at the foot of the mast.

The Anchor retracts directly into the Anchor Locker as it does on the new Fountaine Pajots (Helia Lucia etc).

I note the end of the bridle seems to retract into the anchor locker - there seems to be a ring or loop that the chain runs through when playing out or being winched in. Can anyone send me some photos or explain how this works.

you can email me if it's easier earl@warwick.hm

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Anchor Bridle attachment system

Quote Originally Posted by landbound View Post
    I am building a 40ft Cat in Indonesia it is almost complete.

The Anchor locker and Winch are at the foot of the mast.

The Anchor retracts directly into the Anchor Locker as it does on the new Fountaine Pajots (Helia Lucia etc).

I note the end of the bridle seems to retract into the anchor locker - there seems to be a ring or loop that the chain runs through when playing out or being winched in. Can anyone send me some photos or explain how this works.

you can email me if it's easier earl@warwick.hm

Thanks

Questions relating to anchors tend to lead to a wide diversion of opinions but here is my take. I have a similar set up on my 40' Azuli and I would guess the ring is where a rope tail can be tied, my set up has the tail permanently spliced in place. If you are using all chain there are hooks which can be attached to the chain, if rope and chain rode the bridle tail can me attached with a rolling hitch with possibly a couple of extra turns. If you have a prodder you might like to consider attaching the bridle to the waterstay anchorages as it drops it clear of the waterstays when wind over tide.