Thread: In-mast Furling Cover?

Default In-mast Furling Cover?

Good Day All,

As the title says, I have an in-mast furling system on my boat. Prior to Hurricane Harvey, I had a semi-rigid piece of material, with these large plastic buttons on it that slide into the slot of the mast and was pulled up to the top to cover the slot, top to bottom. This protected any of the sail that would normally be exposed to the sun, but I believe was primarily used to stop the howling from wind blowing into the slot. Can anyone tell me what it was called? I'm trying to find a replacement, but have not had any luck. It may well have been something a previous owner made, although it looked like something made in a factory.

Thanks in advance....Jeff

Default Re: In-mast Furling Cover?

Ok, I found what I was looking for. So, for anyone else that might need to know, it's called a "Flute Stopper".

Default Re: In-mast Furling Cover?

Quote Originally Posted by eddi887 View Post
    Ok, I found what I was looking for. So, for anyone else that might need to know, it's called a "Flute Stopper".
    Nifty little thing a flute stopper is, isn't it Jeff? Shame I didn't see your thread sooner but I'm glad you found the answer elsewhere.