Thread: Curtains for a Helia 44 and Emergency Tiller question

Default Curtains for a Helia 44 and Emergency Tiller question

I am taking possession of a 2016 Helia 44 Evolution next week. She doesn't have curtains or shades for the front saloon windows yet. I would love to see any photos of installations that others have done. My hope is to avoid drilling many holes for the tracks.

The seller isn't aware of an emergency tiller. Is there one on the Helia and if so where is it located?

Thanks,

Mike

Default Re: Curtains for a Helia 44 and Emergency Tiller question

Not sure about the curtains or shades. However the emergency tiller is a stainless bar bent to a z that fits to the top of the starboard rudder post in the engine bay. Most people I asked did not know where or how it hooked up, but on my last charter it was shown to me. I really hope to never need it as it looks like a pain to use. Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most certainly does. I will track down that bar. Probably in the starboard engine well I would guess. I guess you steer sitting on the motor

This one was located in the storage on starboard side of cockpit, buried deep in the extra lines and fenders. The only way it seems to work is with engine bay open and you sitting on the back side with feet on the engine? I never tried it underway but I hope to never use it. Congratulations on the new boat. Which boat did you get? I have been looking at quite a few just haven’t found the one yet.

https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/ya...lorida/6585337

She's a peach! Bringing her from Key West to Venice later this week on 1st trip.

Very nice! Congratulations. Look forward to seeing you out on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderrick View Post
    Very nice! Congratulations. Look forward to seeing you out on the water.
    Thanks. Very excited! Have a nice Corsair F-27 for sale next spring if you ever run across anyone. Fair winds....

Mike