Thread: Nautitech 441/442 Onwers?

Default Nautitech 441/442 Onwers?

Hello Everyone. Any Nautitech 441/442 owners on this site? We are looking for feedback on the good/bad/ugly in regards to a 9-year old x-charter Nautitech Cat.

Thanks!

Default Re: Nautitech 441/442 Onwers?

Hello,
    I just bought Powathan, a 6 yr old Nautitech 442, 4 cabins version. At first glance, good quality of build, easy access to most of electric, water, electronic circuits, nice interior layout but lockers in cabins are few and narrow, there is more free space under beds. I just had a short trial at sea under sails, good performance downwind, fair upwind. The engine bilges are very deep and engine access is not easy, despite of an opening in transoms to reach the rear part of the engines. Sails trim is very simple, short rail for main and no rail, only 2 blocks, for genoa sheets. All halyards and reefing lines are on mast foot, you cannot act on them from the cockpit.
    I''l be able to say more in the next few weeks.

Thanks Powhatan. I'm glad you are enjoying the 'new' boat! I guess it will be a very Merry Christmas for you!!

Please keep us updated on your observations and thoughts about modifications.

Cheers!

I was also wondering why this vessel is listed with a 44-ft LOA and a 40-ft LWL? With its near vertical bows, where does the 4 feet go? Is this a misprint that all the reviews keep carrying over? Or did someone include the bowsprit in the LOA?

The bowsprit is a possible explanation. On my registration papers the LOA is 13,4 m, which is exactly 44 ft, but the LWL is not described. In some ports it can happen that they measure the LOA with laser devices to calculate mooring fees, and it always includes bowsprit, dinghy, and anything exceeding the outer limits of the boat.