Multihulls4us Forums  

Go Back   Multihulls4us Forums > Multihull Owner Forums > Privilege Owners Forum

Old 10th August 2010, 08:28 AM

Default Privilege 515

Hi All

If I may briefly introduce myself - originally from the UK I live and work in Hong Kong and China. I am currently researching with the intention to buy a Catamaran in the upper 48 to lower 50 size. I really enjoy reading the Forum and have gained a lot from all of you - thank you.

Has anyone had chance to see or got any comments of the new Privilege 515. Anything from the reputation from of the builder, build quality, thoughts regarding the design, would be very interesting.

Cheers
Harvey
Old 10th August 2010, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Privilege 515

Hi and welcome

I think Privilege have a very good reputation though I'm somewhat biased as I bought one In fact the previous owner of my boat owns the first 515 and seems very pleased with it (and is clearly happy with Privilege as he's bought a second).

I much preferred the helm position on the 515 compared to a flybridge layout (like the Lagoon 440) - as you feel more connected to the cockpit area rather than being remote. The build quality seemed typical of Privilege.

Can't comment much on performance as the owner hadn't done much sailing on it - but apparently they'd had some high winds during the delivery and where very comfortable onboard. My limited french didn't help either...

I can thoroughly recommend the dealer I used - he was very good even though i was buying second hand. PM for details if you want...

Rick
Old 10th August 2010, 03:48 PM
Boat: was a Maine Cat 41, hull #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jhj View Post
Hi All

...I am currently researching with the intention to buy a Catamaran in the upper 48 to lower 50 size.

Cheers
Harvey
Wouldn't that be 49?

Welcome to the forum! Try and stay on the good side of a couple of blokes who frequent here called "ireaney" and "jkd". On second thought, that's impossible, but give it a shot anyway.

(Return to serious posting now)

Fair Winds,
Mike
Old 10th August 2010, 08:56 PM
Boat: 1999 - Sunstar 32 - 'BABIBA'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoga O View Post
Wouldn't that be 49?

Welcome to the forum! Try and stay on the good side of a couple of blokes who frequent here called "ireaney" and "jkd". On second thought, that's impossible, but give it a shot anyway.

(Return to serious posting now)

Fair Winds,
Mike
Mike

To a point I have to agree with you, that jkd guy is dangerous.

Also Harvey a very big welcome to a nice friendly and informative forum, unfortunately there are a few flash members who lord their wares:, I won't say who but Rick know's Ooops.

Seriously though, Rick congratulations lovely choice of boat one of my favourites, never been on one but maybe one day
Old 11th August 2010, 11:19 AM

Thanks all for your warm welcome

Rick, I totally agree with you about helm position. If you have time I would love to hear more about your boat. If you are in a position to get any feedback from the previous owner on how he likes the 515 that would be brilliant.

Does anyone know if the Privilege 515 will be at the Southampton Boat show?

Cheers
Harvey
Old 11th August 2010, 03:06 PM

Harvey - you have a PM. I also couldn't find out if Privilege will have any boat at the Southampton show.

Ian - welcome to have a look on mine though we're not going to make it to the south west this summer.

Rick
Old 20th October 2010, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Privilege 495

I thought the 515 a good/great looking boat but bit stingy here and there. Frinstance, the saloon table now has no storage under.

Anyways, i have a priv 495, off on it's ninth transat in four years soon, all held together fine enough. Yanmar engine option has worked well enough.

I would not have galley-down on these bigger catamarans - I wd start to feel ill whilst underway and it's a long walk to cockpit.

But I'm sure that on the 515 they wd build extra whatever you wanted.
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:46 AM

Hi TCM -you are right about the saloon table. I saw the 515 at Cannes and was very impressed with the finish overall, except for things like the saloon table, which was quite wobbly, and nothing like as sturdy as on the 495.

Whilst the new design is very contemporary and appealing they are still producing the 495 at circa Euro's 590,000 compared with a base price of Euro 840,000 for the 515!

Cheers
Harvey

Tags
privilege 515