Multihulls4us Forums  

Go Back   Multihulls4us Forums > Multihull Sailing Forum

Multihull Sailing Forum Discuss any topic relating to multihull sailing

Old 1st March 2011, 08:47 PM
Boat: Praia 470

Default catamaran praia 47

www.shekinah30.blogspot.com

accompany</SPAN> the construction of a catamaran of 47 feet in divincell, built here in Brazil and will have their selling price around $ 300,000 with two Yanmar engines, sails, basic electronics, electrical, hydraulic, 800 liters of water, 400, disiel , clearance of 1.10 m, 2 bathrooms, 4 double beds, booth sailor, 18.30 meters mast, sail area 110 meters square main and jib, spinakker 110 square meters, 192 meters square asymmetric, and very space, more information and contact jr_marins@hotmail.com</SPAN>
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:10 PM
Boat: 26 ft Heavenly Twin - TWO MINDS

Default Re: catamaran praia 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekinah View Post
www.shekinah30.blogspot.com

accompany</SPAN> the construction of a catamaran of 47 feet in divincell, built here in Brazil and will have their selling price around $ 300,000 with two Yanmar engines, sails, basic electronics, electrical, hydraulic, 800 liters of water, 400, disiel , clearance of 1.10 m, 2 bathrooms, 4 double beds, booth sailor, 18.30 meters mast, sail area 110 meters square main and jib, spinakker 110 square meters, 192 meters square asymmetric, and very space, more information and contact jr_marins@hotmail.com</SPAN>
Hello. She looks interesting

Do you have any computer pictures of the proposed interior design?

How does divinicel compare with other building materials?

Mike
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:38 PM

hello mike
I'll be posting more photos and drawings of the interior of the catamaran on the blog.
the hulls and beams are being rolled, the entire structure below the water line will be massive fiber-reinforced epoxy and carbon in the areas of greatest mechanical stress, the water line up is all in divincell to reduce weight and lower the center of gravity, the mast can be carbon or aluminum in this my will that is being built of aluminum by a matter of cost and because they do not think I used to race but to get around the Atlantic from the Caribbean Portugal, Spain, Cape Verde, etc ... all bulkheads divincell will be reinforced with kevlar and epoxy, lay out the procedure because it is a boat with enough volume can have many variations of the project.
But the most interesting since this project mainly for those outside of Brazil and can pay in the dollar is worth buying. well below the price of Leopard, foutain Pajot, machete, etc. ... predisposes the boat is a boat to be honest, without much comfort from the factory, but a boat fast, easy maintenance, and management, practice for solitary sailing, and with a bold vision.
We are negotiating the third unit with a French resident in Brazil who want to take the boat to France after the fact, is being built two units at the time, my boat stay in salvador BA, and another in Rio de janeiro RJ.
im sorry my english, a many time, dont practice. rsrrsrsrsr
Old 2nd March 2011, 02:45 PM

mike I think another important detail that I did not speak, is that the boats are construction in the municipality of only 700 miles from Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean port of entry for those coming from South America, it makes it much easier because the customer already may receive his catamaran in the Caribbean, or enjoy a season in Brazil, which has a wonderful coast.
Hugs
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:03 AM
Boat: none at present

Thumbs up Re: catamaran praia 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
Hello. She looks interesting

Do you have any computer pictures of the proposed interior design?

How does divinicel compare with other building materials?

Mike
Divinicell is a high quality foam core. Good material
Old 4th March 2011, 09:39 AM
Boat: 50' Crowther or a 48C Oram ???

Hello shekinah.

I think this sort of build/pricing is a good idea... I have been expecting the Chinese boat builders to do something like this.

Something I noticed in the design photos is that there is little headroom as you approach and descend the stairs.

If they/you have'nt already put the cabin on one of the hulls you might want to check that the area of the salon roof/sides above the stairs/steps gives you enough room to descend without having to lean back.

PS. I will try to post the picture I scribbled on to show what I mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg praia 44 conves vt.jpg (66.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 4th March 2011, 12:17 PM

hello how are you? but the space in the cabin, it has already been provided in the project, despite the side being straight, reeduzir to the greenhouse effect of sunlight, the hull has space .
Old 18th May 2011, 10:52 PM

new post in blog www.shekinah30.blogspot.com catamaran 30 feet bridgedeck
Old 18th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Boat: 26 ft Heavenly Twin - TWO MINDS

Looks good.
Old 20th July 2011, 02:28 AM

new post www.shekinah30.blogspot.com
Old 11th August 2011, 06:49 PM

new post in www.shekinah30.blogspot.com

more info please contact jr_marins@hotmail.com
Old 9th August 2013, 06:30 PM

the blogspot change.
is now www.shekinah470.blogspot.com
Old 9th August 2013, 06:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO3HrwZcl6o
Old 9th August 2013, 06:39 PM

now www.shekinah470.blogspot.com
Old 10th August 2013, 11:45 AM
Boat: Looking around, recently sold Sigma 33 OOD

I'm wondering how much she weighs? She looks heavy to me: above 15 tons lightship?

I cannot say I really like the flat decks and negatively tilted windows and other sharp (box like) angles; the advantage may be some more room inside?.

I dislike the Lagoons (I know, matter of taste) for their vertical windows; is this beyond that; they look negative to me. The sketch posted a couple of years earlier looks much nicer.

Last edited by sigmasailor; 10th August 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10th August 2013, 02:36 PM

hello sigmasailor
the beach 47 weighed 11.8 tons lighter. we will still weigh the boat fully loaded to learn.
However it is a catamaran cruise with a view to provide comfort, safe navigation.
slanted windows was the brainchild of designer out of sameness project catamaran always equal, and it is known that the alleged resistance to the wind you can do is offset by a more powerful sail area.
The mast is 21 meters with a boom of almost nine meters.
4 Beach has over 47 catamarans to be delivered in the water this year.
This first test is under all aspects, so also will the spark plugs to be improved for higher performance with top square, will be relieved of the weight of the boat in some places, such as replacing the stainless steel tanks disiel rotomolded by the catwalk bow will be the next closer, one of the boats will not have the keel among other changes.
The great vantangem is that this design is totally possible customization.
As the bridge deck cabin there is the possibility of making it turn. was also made ​​to the way version is more the first customers have all chosen by the current.
Agradesco your comments and we are open to receive more criticism on the catamaran.
big hug
Old 10th August 2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekinah View Post
However it is a catamaran cruise with a view to provide comfort, safe navigation.
slanted windows was the brainchild of designer out of sameness project catamaran always equal, and it is known that the alleged resistance to the wind you can do is offset by a more powerful sail area.
If the shape is reflected in cruising comfort then fine. BUT it is not the case that the additional resistance can be offset by a more powerful rig. Aerodynamics plays a huge part in sailing performance especially going to windward. If you like the shape fine but don't try to talk up its performance aspects, blunt shapes go slower, increasing the rig just results in less stability.
Old 10th August 2013, 09:03 PM
Boat: Looking around, recently sold Sigma 33 OOD

Thanks for the info. A 9 meter boom? Are you sure? Isn't 6 meters more likely. Looks like a typo to me.

If 11.8 tons was without her rig she's quite heavy. Did you use vacuum infusion or had to resort to more traditional building methods?

I sailed on a square topped cat a number of times and remember how you had to struggle the top of the sail into place every time. It did sail perfectly and was worth the effort. For a real cruising cat I would prefer a simple system.

I like how the rig looks; I wouldn't get used to the backwards slanted windows. Why was this done? It creates more drag and when hit by some solid water that same water will get trapped instead if diverted.

The lack of headroom mentioned can be solved by extending the cabin somewhat and leaving the deck a little narrower. It would be more pleasing to my eye too.

Last edited by sigmasailor; 10th August 2013 at 09:09 PM.