Multihulls4us Forums  

Go Back   Multihulls4us Forums > The Members Bar

The Members Bar A forum to relax, chat to others and discuss anything including non boaty subjects.

Old 13th October 2011, 10:41 PM
Boat: 50' catamaran

Default Iridium tracker

I am looking for a GSM/Satellite tracking device working on the Iridium system. There are many devices for Globalstar but this is not an option as their coverage is inadequate for what we want to do.

I found the 9602-GSM product from NAL Research Corporation which will do the job - http://www.nalresearch.com/IridiumHardware.html The problem is that 2 weeks later, I still have no effective response - never mind prices or ordering details.

Do you know of any other reliable Iridium tracking devices I can look at?
Old 17th October 2011, 09:50 PM
Boat: 50' catamaran

Default Re: Iridium tracker

I now have a response from NAL Research.
The 9602 GSM tracker unit is GSM US$750 and the SAF7352-IG Iridium Antenna is another US$80.
In addition, one also requires a commonly available GSM antenna, airtime for GSM and Iridium.

Amongst may other features, this tracker can send location reports at a rate per day/week detremined by yourself. The tracker can also be setup with a number of website offering tracking service. One can also call the tracking device and receive a GPS location which can then be taken to Google Maps or Google Earth. Call are automatically routed via GSM system and only if not availbale, then the Iridium system. If not directly wired to the boat electrics, battery life is in excess of 2 years.

I think I found what I'm looking for.