PDA

View Full Version : salon multicoque 2013

Ma Bete
23rd April 2013, 08:16 PM
Just returned from visit to Outremer factory and five days at the Multihull Show in La Grande Motte. Having done shows in Annapolis and Miami there is no question that it is the best place to see pretty much everything worth seeing in the catamarans market. Also it's a great time of year to visit the Camargue if you can manage a vacation at the same time.
While not all builders are represented, these shows have more variety than any show in the US and I assume anywhere else.
While we, Just Catamarans, represent Outremer in the US I took the opportunity to visit a number of other manufactureres cats and even a tri. I feel confident that Outremer remains at the top of it's game.
In general, catamarans sales are brisk, both new and brokerage.
FYI this is a fun show, lots of people sharing an interest in catamarans (mostly), and lots to see.
The new Outremer 45 is expected to be launched in June 2014 in time for the Cannes Boat Show. Given Outremers past performance in design and execution of the 49 and 5X which have won Boat of the Year awards in th US and Europe the 45 should really deliver. While there I spent hours with the architect, designers, and engineering team measuring and adjusting full scale wood mock ups of interior spaces. The 45 promises to be up to the Outremer standard!

Ozmultis
23rd April 2013, 11:12 PM
Ta for the report, - photos would be good. I was trying to get there but it didn't happen, however I am making it to the Outremer Regatta and factory week after next, very much looking forward to that.

Ma Bete
24th April 2013, 05:14 PM
I did take some pics but not good enough to post. There is no elevated ground to get a panoramic photos of the show. I know some pics were taken from the air and they will probably show up somewhere on the web. If I see them I'll let you know.