Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 212

Thread: Simply Amazing Customer Support

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Oh Gideon,
    I really want to believe in you and the improvements you are developing for catamarans.
    In fact, if the wife would have let me delve into her money a couple of years ago, I probably would have placed an order for a Fastcat.
    Reading everything you have published, I was totally smitten with your products. Now, I still want to believe in you and your developments.
    I want to believe there is some sort of language breakdown going on here.
    I am tired of seeing the constant attacks on you, yet you do seem to invite these attacks by answering questions in very aloof manners or by not even answering the questions at hand.
    Even with this economic turn, we still have enough money to someday purchase the cat of our dreams (thats more depending on getting the wife to want to start cruising more than a 2 week charter per year), yet the notion of owning a Fastcat is slipping further and further down the line.
    If all of this confusion is truly not due to some sort of language barrier, then I think I'd have to recommend you enter the world of politics, where misleading, poorly worded, and downright lies to questions asked are the accepted norm.
    Its also a good way to spend a bunch of money, which you are clearly doing running your business the way it currently is.

    Once again, Gideon, I truly do want to believe in you and what you are trying to develop! So please step up to the plate and shut up all these nay sayers with facts, and truths!!!!!
    Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!
    Brian

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Email to Gideon
    Gideon
    You should really read the thread on the forum were proof exists that you did call the St Francis a Fastcat 48 and at another time a Fastcat 50.

    Can you not see how silly denying such facts really is?

    This goes to the heart of your credibility as a company and as a person and I am asking you to face the facts and at least admit you were wrong and that maybe Karen and Dick have a case.

    They say all three of you stood in front of the scale indications the weight of the boat and you would not accept the weight on the dial so both parties came away with a different weight!!!

    I would have found this remarkable but it is no different to you denying that you ever called a St Francis a Fastcat.

    I really hope you answer these direct questions and explain what to many is beyond rational explanation other than that you are not telling the truth.

    At times in this thread I have even asked Lesley to confirm that it was not just my imagination quoting what you said in Holland.

    I am glad I took a number of images of the wind sock to prove that it was there .... just to make sure I am not slowly going mad.

    Again is this really any different from the naming of the St Francis or denying the weight of the boat ...... I think not.

    Please try and understand how you are presenting yourself and your products to the world and for once, just once, make a customer happier and accept that Karen and Dick have suffered greatly with their year in Africa waiting for the boat. Have had a multitude of problems with the boat and are still sorting those problems out today. Given what they have been through just accept that they should not pay for your R&D and offer a refund on the rib. It could be the first step in digging yourself out of the hole that you have now dug yourself into.

    Cheers

    Paul
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Central Florida
    Posts
    970

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Quote Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
    Oh Gideon,
    I really want to believe in you and the improvements you are developing for catamarans.
    In fact, if the wife would have let me delve into her money a couple of years ago, I probably would have placed an order for a Fastcat.
    Reading everything you have published, I was totally smitten with your products. Now, I still want to believe in you and your developments.
    I want to believe there is some sort of language breakdown going on here.
    I am tired of seeing the constant attacks on you, yet you do seem to invite these attacks by answering questions in very aloof manners or by not even answering the questions at hand.
    Even with this economic turn, we still have enough money to someday purchase the cat of our dreams (thats more depending on getting the wife to want to start cruising more than a 2 week charter per year), yet the notion of owning a Fastcat is slipping further and further down the line.
    If all of this confusion is truly not due to some sort of language barrier, then I think I'd have to recommend you enter the world of politics, where misleading, poorly worded, and downright lies to questions asked are the accepted norm.
    Its also a good way to spend a bunch of money, which you are clearly doing running your business the way it currently is.

    Once again, Gideon, I truly do want to believe in you and what you are trying to develop! So please step up to the plate and shut up all these nay sayers with facts, and truths!!!!!
    Thanks and GOOD LUCK!!!
    Brian
    Ditto here except the money is mostly mine.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Quote Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
    I am tired of seeing the constant attacks on you...
    "Attacks"? Are you friggen kidding me? The only attacks that have taken place are by way of Gideon attacking what he must think is a lack of intelligence on the part of the marketplace. Perhaps you meant to say "I'm tired of seeing you get called out with facts that dispute your claims"?

    Attackers and victims roles seem to have gotten totally screwed up over the past decade...

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Idaho, USA
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Quote Originally Posted by KGP View Post
    "Attacks"? Are you friggen kidding me? The only attacks that have taken place are by way of Gideon attacking what he must think is a lack of intelligence on the part of the marketplace. Perhaps you meant to say "I'm tired of seeing you get called out with facts that dispute your claims"?

    Attackers and victims roles seem to have gotten totally screwed up over the past decade...
    Maybe you should have read the whole sentence?

    Quote Originally Posted by solarbri View Post
    I am tired of seeing the constant attacks on you, yet you do seem to invite these attacks by answering questions in very aloof manners or by not even answering the questions at hand.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    I read it all - a few times. Just found it odd that you referred things as attacks. Sorry if I offended you. Guess I am tired of so many people referring to the same type point and fact information being called out on CF, only to have people refer to those challenges as attacks, complaining to CF Nazis, and the resulting protectionism by way of flawed rules and lack of thinking clearly.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Gideo has responded with two emails:-
    Hallo Paul even the brochures printed for the St Francis 48 show the name as African St. Francis 48

    If you want one we can send you one ?
    When we took the boat to the Dusseldorf boat show is was also called the same.
    If it ever was called a FastCat 50 that was a mistake

    We also have a FastCat 50 or as it is now called the FastCat 505

    Greetings

    Gideon
    Hallo Paul

    5 customers are happy with the identical Rib , so am I .

    The fact that 1 rowlock came off does not make it a bad RIB, I am able to row the rib so I do not understand that they cannot ?

    The commend from another customer I have forwarded you and that RIB is identical

    Greetings

    Gideon
    So there you have it - he claims that he never called the St Francis a Fastcat whilst he told me verbally over the phone it was a Fastcat built specially by St Francis Marine - he advertised it as both a Fastcat 48 and a Fastcat 50.

    he claims there were 5 of the same type of tender built but that has now risen to 6 because there are now five other people with them all of whom are happy!!

    IMHO Gideon seems incapable of facing up to facts that are in front of him.
    I have never really met anyone else like him.

    During this thread we have gone from him not knowing of a wind sock he pointed out to us from his own marina to stating that he cannot refund on that rib because it was never paid for only to find that I publish the images of the wind sock and him admitting that the rib was paid for as part of an equipment package deal.

    I really do not know how to progress because in his eyes he does not do anything wrong. It is clear that he never intends to refund for the rib and thinks it is perfect. It seems that Karen and Dick just do not understand how to row or under power steer a rib but they seem to be able to somehow manage this when they buy another rib that is claimed to be heavier but is lighter to winch up on the davits.

    This man has made such a song and dance over innovation for years and yet to date has sold just three Fastcats including to one lad who was obviously not able to afford it and two others who publish unhappy blogs. as regards the rib, he claims 5 or 6 of the type sold to Karen and Dick and claims all the other customers are happy - its obvious that Karen and Dick cannot read the manuals Come to that they seem incapable of reading the weight scale for the boat and then thinking about it we are all suffering from a dillusion thinking that Gideon actually advertised a St Francis as a Fastcat .... how mad the rest of the world is and how sane and persecuted is Gideon must feel amongst us lesser mortals.

    As I write another email arrives:-
    Hallo Paul



    This is what I wrote regarding payment for the RIB

    I have the contract here and the 2.7 meter V shape RIB was part of the Ocean crossing package no more or less.

    The crane driver on his scale and me and another person noticed a weight that was 200 kilo less than what Dick and Karen noticed .
    The Butterfly came within its contractual weight ( 6500 kilo plus or minus 5 % excluding extra’s ) This was agreed by Dick .

    Greetings

    Gideon
    maybe Dick and Karen would like to comment

    This is my response to Gideon .... I am beginning to tire of bashing my head against a brick wall.:-

    Gideon
    You write
    "They have never paid for the rib so a refund is not in order"
    That was a clear statement that was not true.
    When challenged you responded:-
    "I have the contract here and the 2.7 meter V shape RIB was part of the Ocean crossing package no more or less"

    You did advertise the St Francis as a Fastcat 49 and at another time a Fastcat 50.
    You now state that if you did this it was a mistake!!!!
    What do you mean "IF it ever was called a FastCat 50 that was a mistake"?
    You have been presented with the clear evidence that you did and you did it for years.
    You do not even accept the evidence put in front of you of your advertising!!!!!

    Gideon who do you think people are going to believe about the boat weight?
    You who does not even accept the evidence in front of your eyes about the naming of the St Francis or Karen & Dick?
    I can promise you that they will believe Karen and Dick.
    Many may not even believe a word you say about the 4 other, no 5 other ribs of the same design with happy owners.
    I must be honest and state I do not.

    I am of the opinion that you must be about the worst businessman I have ever met because you are throwing any residual reputation you may have away.

    I suppose Karen and Dick, who left on an Ocean going passage with just a 2 mile range on their VHF had that problem because of their lack of ability to understand that the wrong cable fitted in the wrong manner was used??? Silly Karen & Dick .... do they not know that before you press the vhf transmit button you should check to see the right cable and installation has been used?

    Silly Karen and Dick believing that the boat was ready a year before it was (partly) ready!!

    Maybe you sold the boat to inexperienced sailors? Unlike me who you state you refused to sell a boat to because of my lack of experience, you made a mistake and they slipped through your customer quality control system? If they did at least there is some sort of quality control system which is more than can be stated for your boat building yard!!!

    Gideon it is impossible to have a rational discussion with you because you live in a totally different world to the rest of us.
    You live in a world were you are the honest brilliant designer of new technology boats where as the rest of us live in the other more mundane world.
    Unfortunately for you .... your three existing customers and all your future customers live in this world with us.

    I give in.

    The rest is up to Karen & Dick and if they want help at any stage they can count on my support.
    They like the boat - they just need to get it all fixed - the best of luck to them.

    Paul
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Please show me where Paul it was advertised as a FastCat 48 , 49 or 50 ????

    All of my customers like the FastCat 445 Paul and any warranty issues will be sorted.
    When I test sailed the Butterfly we had over 8 miles reception on the AIS .
    Any problem they have with the AIS is sorted.


    Gideon
    Answer
    Gideon
    Please read the thread with all these emails and the proof of your advertising on it.

    http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1039

    I thought you had been following the thread since we started these emails.

    There you will find the documents that demonstrate that you did advertise the St Francis as a Fastcat 48 and a 50.

    I was talking about a VHF range of just 2 miles Gideon - please read what Karen wrote on the same thread.

    You even seem to dispute a problem with the wrong cable and installation.

    You truly do offer an amazing after sales service. Amazing in its lack of customer care.

    Just let me touch sanity on one thing,

    After reading the thread do you accept that you did advertise the St Francis 48 as a Fastcat 48 and Fastcat 50??

    Cheers
    Paul
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    A follow up from me
    Gideon
    You wrote
    "All of my customers like the FastCat 445 "

    You simply choose to ignore the problems these customers experience.

    Just stating that all three customers like your boat is very misleading and twists the truth.

    Paul
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    From Gideon
    We are not ignoring any problems at all Paul

    Hull number one has no problems and hull number 3 has no problems and we are getting any warranty issues fixed on number 4

    If there are issues we help and are in the process of sorting these problems.

    Gideon
    I am not answering as I feel it has become pointless.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Land Downunder...OZ
    Posts
    148

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Really Gideon you leave me 'gobsmacked', I just hope that one day soon reality thunders into you face on and keeps going... Greetings tongaboys

  12. #52

    Default Really a sad thing

    Until now I think Gideon has been the only one to use the word liar, claiming Paul was a liar on more than one occasion. What's sad is that Paul had evidence for what he was presenting. He's even inferred that his clients are liars. That's really sad.

    I'd now call Gideon a liar, but I fear he might have a problem that can't be helped here. Anyone can see concrete evidence that he "misrepresented" a SF48 by calling it a Fastcat48 by clicking on the link in my earlier post. Here's the thing; Even if Gideon were forced to view that page when someone stood in front of him and clicked on the link, I believe he would find a way to deny. I really do.

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin
    I have never really met anyone else like him
    I have...
    I have a former best friend who is a narcissist. He's a wonderful person. But he has a disorder that he can't come to grips with. He lives in his own world, and it's built by way of taking tiny bits of truth and stretching them into a world that presents him and his surroundings as larger than they really are.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    From Gideon

    I am not answering as I feel it has become pointless.
    It is pointless, Paul. It gets you absolutely nowhere. But if you buy a boat from Gideon, you must learn to live on Planet Gideon. I wouldn't bother replying to this latest batch of false claims were it not for the fact that they are directly about us. We don't bother contesting the other fabrications Gideon makes on matters that don't involve us directly - or we would be on the internet all day to do that, and we'd rather go sailing and fix the boat.

    But for the record (at least you, Paul, and those folks who like to deal in truths and facts might bother to read this:

    Gideon says:
    The fact that 1 rowlock came off does not make it a bad RIB
    ,
    No, but add to that sides that are too high, a hull shape that allows the bows to blow off in gusts at low speeds, tubes that need inflating every few days, an inflatable seat that arrived with a slow puncture, a very homemade finish to the hull itself and a lot of "tippiness" when embarking and disembarking (because the tubes are too high off the water) and you have several reasons to go out and buy a professionally constructed rib ... as we have done.



    Add to those defects the fact we made it clear from the outset, we wanted a rib that planed with two people. Gideon was adamant, despite our doubts, that his rib with a Tohatsu 6hp 4 stroke o/b would do the job. The fact is he was wrong. It does not plane with two people. It nearly does, but nearly is not enough. In short, he sold us something that did not do as he promised - like the autopilot system he designed. But that's another matter altogether.



    Gideon says:
    I am able to row the rib so I do not understand that they cannot ?
    Ah yes, but is there anything you can't do, Gideon?

    Oh, we can row it alright - if waggling the oars in the water is what you call rowing. It's just we can't make it move through the water to where we want to go - especially if there is the slightest breeze or chop. How can we row it when (a) you have only one functional oarlock to use? Bit of a bummer that. (b) you have no seat to sit on - it keeps resorting to a soggy deflated heap. No point repairing it, since it takes up far too much room. (c) so you sit on an overturned petrol tank, whatever, and find the tubes are so fat and so high off the water, you need to be an orangutang contortionist to make any impression on the water at all. If there's a breeze and some chop - you might as well be aboard a li-lo.

    Gideon says:
    The crane driver on his scale and me and another person noticed a weight that was 200 kilo less than what Dick and Karen noticed .

    Planet Gideon time again. Only Dick, Gideon and I were crowded around the weighing device Gideon held in his hands. Only Dick, Gideon and I could read the machine's screen. There were several other people standing around, but only the three of us could read the small screen. The others simply weren't close enough.


    Ask yourselves this: what on earth do we gain by insisting our boat is heavier than Gideon claims?



    As for the crane driver - we were informed by Gideon on many occasions that CC Cranes scales were not to be believed. In truth, we found their figures far more reliable than Gideon's proclaimed weights. When we have asked them about weights, they always came in far heavier than Gideon's claims, but they were pretty consistent. Once, when Butterfly was lifted from the water for some repairs - Steven Stoole was present not Gideon. Steven told us very pleased, that CC had weighed her at 7-something tonnes. John, our surveyor was present when he said this. John and Dick went to the CC Cranes office and asked if this was so. They told us the boat had weighed in at 10 tonnes. Not 7 something. John and Dick then confronted Steven with this information. He was sitting inside the port cabin at the time doing some work. He looked very uncomfortable and did not reply. Said absolutely nothing. CC Cranes are good at their job - make no mistake. We have no complaint against them at all. The bottom line is the whole history of Butterfly's weight has been clouded in lies and obfuscations.


    When I test sailed the Butterfly we had over 8 miles reception on the AIS .
    When we left Durban, the AIS did not work beyond 2 miles. We even radioed up other ships once they were close enough to contact, and asked if they could see us on their equipment. The answer was always no.

    Any problem they have with the AIS is sorted.
    This AIS problems are getting sorted. They have not been resolved as yet. There is much behind-the-scenes discussion about what sort of co-axial cable should be used. We have good reason to question some of the suggestions Gideon and his team have made.

    Gideon:
    You have said you think customers and boatbuilders should keep their discussions and disputes private. If you mean that, then you must stick to the facts and not make false public statements that directly involve your customers. You leave us no choice but to present our version of events.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    E
    ven if Gideon were forced to view that page when someone stood in front of him and clicked on the link, I believe he would find a way to deny. I really do.
    Just like the weight of the boat on the scales in front of him ..... amazing.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  15. #55

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Just like the weight of the boat on the scales in front of him ..... amazing.
    I hear what you're saying, but in the world of the person I know it wouldn't be quite the same as concrete evidence. In this situation he can always make something up like "there was a third person who saw the same thing I did." Trust me, I can't tell you how many times I have been down that road. It's the concrete evidence that can put them over the edge, but they will still look for a way out; Like saying something like "It was my web management company who wrongly put that text there without my knowing." That said, when my friend was presented with concrete evidence, he would laugh it off (if amongst his friends). I don't know what he would do in business situations when confronted. But I can tell you he achieved CEO levels at every company, only to come falling to earth a short time later.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    50% Uk 50% on my boat
    Posts
    5,397

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    I saw a TV programme on such a person only last night and I am beginning to understand it a bit more.

    I have no officially given in trying to converse with Gideon in order to reach any sort of sensible outcome

    I did refrain from using the word liar because there is a difference between a lair (intentional) and someone simply not telling the truth and I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

    I think Karen and Dick have done well to cope with Gideon's world. They do like the boat and once they have sorted it out I am sure it will be a nice boat when they can put the past behind them.

    All I can do is offer to support if they ask for it.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    932

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    I have been away for nearly a week, and see that many more people are now very much aware of the facts when it comes to Gideons many untruths and total lack of business morals.

    I have recently met some dutch multihullers who could also tell some nice stories about Gideon.

    These people have more than 30 years experience sailing multihulls, so when they had a look at a Fastcat, and said No thanks, - Gideons response was: " I only sell boats to people I like"

    So now there are at least 2 sets of criteria to be allowed to buy a Fastcat:
    1.) You must be experienced enough to handle these "high performance" boats.
    2.) Gideon has to like you.

    Funny how these requirements first come to light after the people have declined to buy one?????


    The first boat, that was later sold to Andreas, also has a history of weaknesses, I wonder if the honest hobbyist, Mr. Goudsmidt has remembered to inform the buyer of the history of damages to the boat? If not, and the boat was sold in the EU, Andreas might have recourse to damages or an annulment of the deal.

    The story:

    The boat needed new antifouling plus some odd jobs done, so it was craned out of the water at a dutch boatyard, and set gently down on its minikeels.
    This yard is very experienced with building and repairing cats.
    The rudders are designed to support the aft sections. As it turned out, the rudder shafts and bearings could not handle this small load, and the whole rudder support area collapsed!
    This resulted in the need for major repairs

    So there is a consistent history of shoddy workmanship on all Fastcats to date - no suprises here.

    I hope that all the customers who are waiting for their Fastcats also choose to do a blog.

    As Gideon is only building boats as a hobby, then surely he would accept a small downpayment, and the rest on delivery of a boat that has been thoroughly tested by an independent surveyor working for the owners?

    Probably the only way to get a reasonable build quality, or else to walk away from the project and buy something else...

    Alan

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    On the boat, right now Costa Rica, Golfito
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    All I can say for Gideon is that he would make one hell of a USED CAR SALESMAN...........i2f

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,793

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    Isn't that supposedly how he made his money.

    Quote Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
    All I can say for Gideon is that he would make one hell of a USED CAR SALESMAN...........i2f

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    932

    Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

    it was importing cars, new ones AFAIK, but his treatment of customers is now well documented.

    The man is a liar, and does not stand by his product is all that one can conclude.

    Alan

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •