Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Simply Amazing Customer Support

Default Re: Simply Amazing Customer Support

Hey, it's a hobby and he doesn't need money. Sold out for a few years anyway. The pay per click banners are just so that he can see them on CF when he logs on.

Few years, heck; First was launched 04. That's 3 fatcats in 5 years. Might be sold out for the next century.
    Last edited by KGP; 30th July 2009 at 08:24 AM.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    You are telling me you are holding a lot back but keep one thing in mind slander like you are doing ( I believe that is the right word ) is not allowed and punishable by law in Europe even on the internet.
    How many people have you filed suit against? How many people have filed suit against you?
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.

-Albert Einstein

From a CF thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon
    I noticed that the thread on the new Multihull forum is closed.
    I was under the impression that we have freedom of speech and expression and I do not think that members should be kept from other forums , on the contrary, I think it will help keep new ideas coming in and get a more interesting forum conversation going in both these forums.
    I for one will visit as many forums as possible as long as they are interesting and myself or others can learn from it.
    It is a missed opportunity to close information on other forums out .

Why not start a poll on who is for and who is against putting a page up for other yachting/sailing forum maybe even in other languages

My 2 cents

Gideon
    I think you are right. CF should have allowed that thread to stay open. I also think that you shouldn't run and hide because people doubt the freedom of speech you choose to post.

Yea, let's start a poll. Not sure yet about the topic. You want to do it, or should I?

Man-up and start answering some fair questions that have been asked in relation to what you have freely written and posted.

-Albert Einstein

Wow. Wow. Wow. How many times can I say wow? The latest instalment of Butterfly's blog reveals the true extent of the lunacy that appears to rule at African Cats: http://butterflyandbarnacle.wordpress.com/.

Wow.

Nothing surprises me anymore. You know - it is funny the factual findings that can come from people, such as other owners and employees, when faced with depositions under oath. The world can judge Gideon's truthfulness from his own words and challenges to them.

Also doesn't surprise me that there is an enabler at the side of Gideon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Goudsmit via butterfly blog
    “Another reason why reconciliation is impossible is that the personal relationship was irreversibly destroyed when your wife last year thought it necessary to express her anger and disappointment in the delayed delivery of the Butterfly in threatening twice at different occasions that she’d ruin the (African Cats) company..."
    For the umpteenth time, it's a hobby. Gideon said so himself.
    Last edited by KGP; 5th August 2009 at 09:58 PM.

-Albert Einstein

On the boat, right now Costa Rica, Golfito

UNBELIEVABLE.....i2f

Can I say that reputation of the builder was high on my list when I was buying my boat. So far I have had one warranty claim - they forgot to install the folding lid on the rubbish bin, many apologies and Fedexxing of the part fixed the issue. No correspondence - just one phone call. I am sure other builders are as good as mine, the butterfly story just tells us to choose wisely.

I will reply tomorrow when I have had a chance to calm down and compose myself as I am very angry having read Karen's report in her blog, on how they are being treated by this totally unproffessional company run by total f..king idiots, who have no business sense and seen hell bent on lying their way to con unsuspectecting decent honest people.

I am also too angry to respond at present...... but I will.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

OMFG!

I will repeat myself.

I would have had a lawyer and Gideon would have had the boat back by now. Actually a long time ago.

I just want to scream out loud.

Those two are too nice.

If I could I would donate to a fund for a St Francis so we could have a helicopter drop Butterfly in the yard!!

PS What kind of bottom paint do they have - I don't want to buy any of that.
    Last edited by therapy; 5th August 2009 at 11:10 PM.

For those who want a direct link to the latest part of the Butterfly blog here it is Click Here
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

No, but add to that sides that are too high, a hull shape that allows the bows to blow off in gusts at low speeds, tubes that need inflating every few days, an inflatable seat that arrived with a slow puncture, a very homemade finish to the hull itself and a lot of "tippiness" when embarking and disembarking (because the tubes are too high off the water) and you have several reasons to go out and buy a professionally constructed rib ... as we have done.
    I'm Karen and Dick's son, I recently holidayed with them on their cat. My brother and I had a whale of a time in this rib! It's hilarious to look at and functionally it's twice as bad! I like to think I'm a pretty decent windsurfer but even I wasnt prepared for the tippyness of that thing!

I can't express how angry I'm left feeling when I read my parent's blog, their emails and this forum. It makes me particulary livid that Gideon could question their character. They are the most honest, decent and genuine people I have ever known.

I won't say more because it's probably not my place... other than Gideon - you really should be ashamed.

I'm speechless at this moment ...jono

Gideon
    You have succeeded in really exposing yourself to a new low level in the eyes of the multihull community.

Do you really think that after waiting almost a year in Africa for their boat Karen and Dick set about destroying their boat? Do you really think that the public are so stupid that they cannot observe from the photographs that the screws were not set central and that it was clearly a door not fit for its purpose?

Du you really think that in insulting your customers and allowing your wife to attack them in the manner she has is good for your business? A business that you are in the process of throwing away because of your total lack of honour?

Do you really think that its a good idea to insult Karen to Dick and try to interfere in their relationship because of a bl***y door and such like???

You do not seem to understand yet that already this community of multihullers is as strong as those forums you have so well hidden behind and this forum will allow you and your customers free speech.

You are in the process of laying down a public record that will forever be with you. Your actions control that record and your future.

Emails from your staff telling me to shut up do not work just as any attempt by you to threaten me or anyone else. All I am interested in reporting is the truth and this forum will allow that to be published.

The business between the owners of Butterfly and yourselves is between you and them but the truth is bigger than that and should either side want to publish any truthful facts that may help others or themselves that is up to them.

I think you are now in the last chance saloon and I ask that you think hard and agree to stand by your product and correct the faults on Butterfly.. Failure to do this will I think mean that more 'truth' may well be revealed and that, in my humble opinion, will not be good for the future of your business.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Paul
    Thank you, it has saved me writing almost exactly the same, I could not have put it better myself.
    The guy, his wife and company are totally unbelievable, I wonder if CF will still let him advertise on their site, or do they have no morals/ethics at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    Gideon
    You have succeeded in really exposing yourself to a new low level in the eyes of the multihull community.

Do you really think that after waiting almost a year in Africa for their boat Karen and Dick set about destroying their boat? Do you really think that the public are so stupid that they cannot observe from the photographs that the screws were not set central and that it was clearly a door not fit for its purpose?

Du you really think that in insulting your customers and allowing your wife to attack them in the manner she has is good for your business? A business that you are in the process of throwing away because of your total lack of honour?

Do you really think that its a good idea to insult Karen to Dick and try to interfere in their relationship because of a bl***y door and such like???

You do not seem to understand yet that already this community of multihullers is as strong as those forums you have so well hidden behind and this forum will allow you and your customers free speech.

You are in the process of laying down a public record that will forever be with you. Your actions control that record and your future.

Emails from your staff telling me to shut up do not work just as any attempt by you to threaten me or anyone else. All I am interested in reporting is the truth and this forum will allow that to be published.

The business between the owners of Butterfly and yourselves is between you and them but the truth is bigger than that and should either side want to publish any truthful facts that may help others or themselves that is up to them.

I think you are now in the last chance saloon and I ask that you think hard and agree to stand by your product and correct the faults on Butterfly.. Failure to do this will I think mean that more 'truth' may well be revealed and that, in my humble opinion, will not be good for the future of your business

I think the "business" part of it is over as anyone doing even a little research before ordering a boat would notice some of this information. If they choose not to explore it, even a little, well..........then that would be their fault.

Sometimes you read stuff that just makes you want to say WTF!

I wonder if he got his start in the penny stock market, it follows the same kind of pattern.... say anything to pump it and dump it and when called to task repeat "this is a forward looking statment and our financials are not required to be audited".
    I guess it just goes something like... business sure would be better if it wasn't for our damn customers.:

John
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves"!

Baba
    You say exactly what you want, we are all supporting your Mum and Dad and really feel for them in the way they have been so disgustingly treated and will continue to support them, as they both know so well .

Gideon and his practices must be stopped, he has been given numerous chances to hold up his hands and come clean, but will not admit to his lies and short comings.

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    I'm Karen and Dick's son, I recently holidayed with them on their cat. My brother and I had a whale of a time in this rib! It's hilarious to look at and functionally it's twice as bad! I like to think I'm a pretty decent windsurfer but even I wasnt prepared for the tippyness of that thing!

I can't express how angry I'm left feeling when I read my parent's blog, their emails and this forum. It makes me particulary livid that Gideon could question their character. They are the most honest, decent and genuine people I have ever known.

I won't say more because it's probably not my place... other than Gideon - you really should be ashamed.

The facts are that it would not cost Gideon that much to put it all right and hence ensure that Karen and Dick are happy. The cost is certainly small compared to the cost of losing his reputation and business and that is what he is facing.

I can tell you that in emails to me he has also dwelt on some of the issues that Karen has raised in their blog.He seems to be so preoccupied with threats of ruining his business that he is ruining his business all by himself..... he does not any help to achieve that.

Yes there is now a record to overcome and that will be difficult but if he does not make Karen and Dick happy he will have no business left to even try to recover from.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post

Yes there is now a record to overcome and that will be difficult but if he does not make Karen and Dick happy he will have no business left to even try to recover from.
    Like I said.

I think it is already over.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast