Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fastcat 605

Default Re: Fastcat 605

I am sorry but for legal reasons the poster has requested that I delete this post.
    ForumAdmin

Quote Originally Posted by knickick View Post
    Hey guys, Where can I find a good Fastcat 605? PM me please. Thanks..

SPAMMER
    "The floggings will continue until morale improves"!

Spam deleted - thank you.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Seeing as this thread has been highlighted and given that I started it over a year ago with genuine interest about the 605 that was stated to be 'in build' by the magazine - lets see where we're at. This is what piqued my curiosity:

Should be nearly built now - so would love to see some photos! All I can find on the Africancats website is computer models which is somewhat disappointing...

Would either of the 2 customers reported in the CF thread like to give us some feedback too?

3 years after it was announced as being built, it's now on the water - and gidders in in full-contact marketing mode.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.

-Albert Einstein

Looks like the Fastcats motors wouldn't power into a 15kt wind.
    http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1215691

Quote Originally Posted by smj View Post
    Looks like the Fastcats motors wouldn't power into a 15kt wind.
    http://www.multihulls4us.com/forums/...ml#post1215691
    Think you've got your links muddled, smj ... the one above is all about Cheap Rand.

The one I think you're referring to is a post on CF. This appears on the GreenCat 605 First Pictures thread. The poster says:

Saw this cat wash up on the reef in Bonaire last week. Those motors just did not work, he could not motor against 15 knot winds and went assfirst into the island of Klein Bonaire, just sayin'
    He is then asked by another poster if he's sure he got the right boat.

I wonder if this is indeed true? Anyone able to shed further light?

Karen
    Last edited by Karen; 21st April 2013 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Think you've got your links muddled, smj ........
    Original link was correct, and had the CF post, but forum software removed the CF and changed it to M4US.

I know this procedure was initiated because CF childishly removed any M4US links, and thus Paul reciprocated.

Personally I am tired of this childishness, and would much prefer to retain the moral high ground.
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Well, a little detective work and it seems the Bonaire reefing accident did indeed occur for Goudsmit's 605 prototype, called 5th Child, launched last year. The CF member who reported it has a blog, and he has made this entry under the photo of a tourist tripper boat:

Fake sailing ship, packed with people off the cruise liner. (this boat later was involved in pulling a catamaran (5th Child) off the reefs on Klein Bonaire. (I am not totally sure of the circumstances, but the cat has electric propulsion, and just could not make headway against the wind and was blown onto the reef)
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Original link was correct, and had the CF post, but forum software removed the CF and changed it to M4US.

I know this procedure was initiated because CF childishly removed any M4US links, and thus Paul reciprocated.

Personally I am tired of this childishness, and would much prefer to retain the moral high ground.
    My apologies to smj, in that case. Thanks for advising, Talbot.

Karen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12