Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simply disgusting customer support?

Default Re: Simply disgusting customer support?

Quote Originally Posted by ireaney View Post
    I found exactly the same, I did not have permission , also what still confuses me is that if you clicked on the link that Gidders gave his details came up as a member, but when you went directly into the SABBEX web site and looked at their members he is not listed , so how does that work what is the explanation,
    The links I used were in post #8 of this thread posted by KGP.
    Ian I found the same result searching SABBEX web site so i emailed SABBEX info@sabbex.co.za and received this reply to my question....

Is Gideon Goudsmit of Fastcat African Cats a member of your organisation?

the reply:

Dear Jono,

Yes, he is. We are presently at the Cape Town Boat show but if you require more information, please let me know.

(i removed her name to protect the innocent Yet again Gideon Goudsmit of Fastcat African Cat no where to be see as listed member !!

You need to ask if he is an accredited member, and ask if there are any open or pending complaints waiting to be reviewed, as you have done some web searches ...etc.....

Alan

I am logged in from Cape Town and was told today he was not a member!

I will report back on this issue soon.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    I am logged in from Cape Town and was told today he was not a member!

I will report back on this issue soon.

Sent a further email as Nordic suggested, see what comes up...

Quote:Gideon Goudsmit of Fastcat African Cat on CF 'alternative propulsion thread' post: 113

Hallo Cold Fusion ....All outstanding warranty issues are being taken care of. That has always been the one and only solution They are by the way the only unhappy customers we have.
    If you read the blogs of other customers you will see a complete different view on how we handle service.

Gideon

Yes who are the other happy customers?
    Nieuwe pagina 1 and Sailing around the World. (which we know doesn't own the boat)

I noticed that in the October 2009 edition of cruising world under the article "Fall Boat-Show Preview" there is no Fastcat. I guess it lists only ones that have reserved a spot.

Looks like African Cats hull #6 will be named "Sea Minx". Anyone get the name for hull #5?

Since 2004 they have splashed 4 we know of...

Hmmm... the African Cat website claims they have built 33 power cats! http://www.africancats.com/site/cont...=newslib&id=17

The all new PowerCat 450 Sport has evolved from the successful PowerCat 420, of which 33 units have been delivered all over the world.

This PowerCat has been designed to accommodate both the leisure and sports fishing market. She will be even lighter than her predecessor PowerCat 420.

Some of the features are listed below:

Up front are two king size staterooms, each with its own head and shower. The same is available aft, unless you prefer a three cabin or owner’s version which boasts a full size walk in shower, with space for a washing machine and tumble drier.

The aft deck has ample space for the sports fishing enthusiast, with features such as fighting chair, live bait wells, tuna tubes to name but a few. Without these items, there is a vast expanse for relaxing in the sun.

A sweeping staircase leads up to the extra large fly bridge. Fitted with a fridge, ice maker and sink, it is the perfect place to watch the sunset and socialize whilst anchored in a scenic bay. With the helm situated to the aft of the fly bridge, docking is a breeze, and the visibility to the fishing deck below is ideal.

The new solid wing deck allows for easy all-round fishing, or simply lazing in the sun. The davit crane is perfectly situated for easy launching of a tender, and there is ample “out of the way” storage space available for water toys such as a jet ski.

Designed by naval architect Angelo Lavranos, this is the first PowerCat with a planing hull. The boat can be fitted with the new Volvo IPS 600, 800 and 900 series, or the all new Zeus drives, resulting in speeds in excess of 30 knots.

With all this space, luxury, stability and speed, one can truly say that this is “a cat above the rest”.
    The first PowerCat 450 will be available by the end of 2009.
    And then finally, a "fossil free" fastcat should be in the water by now, according to http://www.africancats.com/site/cont...=newslib&id=16

African Cats is happy to announce that the first virtually fossil free sailing catamaran with retractable propulsion/generation system will be launched by the middle of November in Durban South Africa.

This luxury comfortable performance cruising catamaran is a result of many developments of which the driving system Green Motion is the most important one.

The dual Green Motion set up consists of:
    • Electric retractable outboard motogens* (2 x 9.6 KW)
    • 1 x 144 to 24 volts 30 amps converter
    • 10 amps shore charger 230 ac -144 dc
    • LCD screen for amperage, volts, rpm and temperature
    • 12 x 150 amp 12.8 volt AGM batteries (Lithium Iron Phosphate batteries optional).
    • 40 litre dual coil 220 ac water heater
    • Extra pre heat hot water heater
    • Dual control head (Glendinning)
    • Plug and play wiring
    • Hydraulic actuators (2)
    • Electric hydraulic oil pump
    • Manual emergency oil pump
    • Oil Filter
    • LED indicators for up and down position
    • Switches up and down
    • 2 waterproof Contacts with switches and keys (2)
    • Electric hydraulic steering valves
    • 4 bladed high efficient propellers (2)
    • Basalt Fibre wing strud’s (2)
    • Hydraulic piping
    • Shaft anodes

The resistance while sailing is lowered with the motogens* retracted. The actual sailing speed increases because no sail drives, propellers, props shafts or shaft supports are in the flow of the water and the result is a lower usage of the motogens* and reduction of energy used.

The motogens* are located closer to the centre of gravity making the yacht safer and more comfortable.

Folding or feathering props that are expensive and need maintenance are no longer needed because they are lifted from the water when not in use. No fouling of props and they are reachable in up position for cleaning.

We have installed an induction stove and an electric oven to make the yacht complete fossil fuel free.

For more information please contact us on info@africancats.com
    Can't wait to see if that boat a> actually exists, b> ends up being delivered with a generator. Or two.

Hello everyone,

I know this topic is already a couple years old but we have recently encountered some problems with Gideon Goudsmit. Is it possible to have contact with people who have witnessed or experienced problems with this dishonnest person and who could help us ? It has come so far that we have taken the matter to court.

Thank you all in advance,

Sophie

There are members here who have had dealings with Gideon but keep in mind that there are very few boats ever sold and so just a handle of customers. Only karen & Dick of Butterfly have really spoken out and told the truth.

I would suggest that you explain what your problem is in outline or send me a private message if you prefer.

Have you purchased a Fastcat?
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Sophie
    I would also point out that this forum was founded so that the ruth could be told about Gideon and Fastcats without censorship. There is a long history.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Hello Sophie. If you have already gone to court over things then obviously you can't say much. Paul at ForumAdmin is probably your best source of information here.

A PM to Karen might be a good idea.

Best wishes

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Yes there is another victim and yes not much can be stated in public at present. Its sad how Gideon just carries on.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

What hindrance to publishing the facts as one sees them on a forum such as this would a pending court case be?

A slimy operator like Gideon will just use the "lull" to entice yet more buyers.

The problem is that the Dutch judges have already frowned on issues being made public and hence it can damage the customers case to reveal too much on the internet. It is up to the customer what to reveal and they choose the extent of the revelation not us.

As it happens I am sure that in this case you can be of great help to them because nobody would be better a helping produce a catalogue of Gideon's tricks and that is what they need to present to court. You are also not too far away.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Goodspeed View Post
    Hello everyone,

I know this topic is already a couple years old but we have recently encountered some problems with Gideon Goudsmit. Is it possible to have contact with people who have witnessed or experienced problems with this dishonnest person and who could help us ? It has come so far that we have taken the matter to court.

Thank you all in advance,

Sophie
    Hi Sophie,
    Are you referring to a case about a Fastcat 445 or a court case that was lost by the plaintiff a couple of months ago (ruling 3/8/2011) about a St. Francis 48?

Sigmasailor
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

That is correct Eric.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Or do you mean Gideon's Fastcat 48 ... some of you will remember this:

FastCat 48 Demonstrator ‘Out of Africa’

This gorgeous yacht is equipped with all possible options, including: hard-top bimini, in-boom-furling, water maker, double air-conditioning- double heating, solar panels, genset, schreecher, gennaker, etc. Besides being utterly complete this ship is perfectly finished, which you will immediately notice in the spacious saloon, galley, or one of the 4 double cabins en-suite. Every cabin has a private bathroom with shower and toilet. The master cabin also offers a desk and a small bathtub.

Perfectly suited for world cruising, while comfortably living and/or working on board!

On our way to several boat shows we have reached speeds of around and over 20 knots on several occasions and under power the two Yanmar 75 hp diesels will let you sail with over 9 knots.

It has been launched in 2003 and has only been used for boat shows and test sails.

Now for sale for a very interesting price.

‘Out of Africa’ is available for test sails in IJmuiden, Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    That is correct Eric.

Paul,

Which of the two is correct? Fastcat 445 or SFM 48 ('Out of Africa')?
    The latter sure looks like a nice boat; I guess it is very similar to you own boat.
    I've seen it in the IJmuiden Marina, pity that such a beautiful catamaran is just waiting and not being sailed.

Eric

Out of Africa is an SFM 48 that has been neglected even down to needing two new sail drives.
    We went on her in our trip to Holland and it was obvious she had just been left and neglected.
    Gideo was as usual asking far too much for her and so it never sold but he has managed to retain a deposit from an aborted sale.
    I would like to post health warning on this man;s forehead but at the end of the day his whole operation never really got off the ground which is a pity because the basic design is fine and once the issues a sorted its a well designed boat that sails well.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

OK, still don't know which case Sophie is on about.
    Is it about a Fastcat or the SFM 48?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast