Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Simply disgusting customer support?

Default Re: Simply disgusting customer support?

SFM 48
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAdmin View Post
    SFM 48
    Ah, so that is what this is about, I wouldn't know what there is to fuss about that. As far as I know The Dutch Judge agreed with Gideon (some time ago) on all important issues and ruled against the plaintiff. Paul, you have to help me there is that ('plaintiff') the correct English for the 'accuser' (in Dutch this the 'Eiser')?
    Sailors do it with the wind ....

Your english as always is fine.

I really cannot go into too much detail except to say that there is an appeal.

When you are dealing with Gideon it is not the boat that matters it is the difference between what he claims and the truth and that difference Eric is the very foundation of this forum
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

Hi

It's about the "Out of Africa", the St Francis 48.
    Thanks for all your quick replies !

Quote Originally Posted by sigmasailor View Post
    Paul,

I've seen it in the IJmuiden Marina, pity that such a beautiful catamaran is just waiting and not being sailed. After over 5 years of NO SALE - surely the conclusion has to be that it's not that beautiful!

Eric
    Gideon has been trying to flog this boat since at least 2006 - it was up for sale when we saw it in Ijmuiden Marina.

Ah, so that is what this is about, I wouldn't know what there is to fuss about that. As far as I know The Dutch Judge agreed with Gideon (some time ago) on all important issues and ruled against the plaintiff.
    I don't think it takes too much imagination to know precisely what all the fuss is about! Au contraire - I think there are many folk who can imagine all too vividly the frustration and sense of injustice Sophie and her partner must be going through. Y

You have said many times, Eric, that you believe there are two sides to every story, yet you seem only to want to see the story as told by Gideon. Why is that?

Paul,

I've seen it in the IJmuiden Marina, pity that such a beautiful catamaran is just waiting and not being sailed.

Eric
    Just noticed - my response -
    After over 5 years of NO SALE - surely the conclusion has to be that it's not that beautiful!
    ... has appeared in Eric's reply. (Take my advice:never type while simultaneously packing up an old life and trying to squeeze everything you need into Monarch airline's paltry baggage allowances ...)

Dear Karen;

I have gone to the trouble of obtaining and reading the (publicly available) verdict (all 15 pages of it); so at least I can say that I know, first hand, what I am talking about. I guess you have done the same Karen?

That way I avoid looking stupid by using one sided opinions and/or 'here say' as so often demonstrated on this forum. I can assure you the verdict contains both sides of the matter Karen.

I cannot remember choosing anyone's side on this matter; not on this website anyway. I don't need to choose sides; the ruling was extremely clear; in the case African Cats versus Colas the Judge concluded Colas lost on 11 counts. This is the fist one: 'wijst alle vorderingen van Colas c.s. af' (for those of you who do not understand Dutch: 'All claims Colas made are rejected'). The rest is mostly about money Colas owns African Cats and the court.

Eric

Dear Karen;

I have gone to the trouble of obtaining and reading the (publicly available) verdict (all 15 pages of it); so at least I can say that I know, first hand, what I am talking about. I guess you have done the same Karen?
    No I haven't. But if it is in the public domain, why not link to it and have done.

As for looking stupid - Why should that be a concern? Pride doesn't come into it - nor can one be anything other than one-sided when one speaks from personal experience. Speak the truth and stand by that. Let the world make of your truth what it will. The truth is I have a huge amount of sympathy for anyone entering or trying to break a business deal with Gideon Goudsmit. I would wager serious money, I am not alone.

But I'm intrigued ... why do you think so many folk here and on other forums have shown such animosity to Gideon?

(by the way, Eric - it's "hearsay" - not "here say" - which makes no sense, if you think about it. I know how you like to get these things right.)

Karen
    Last edited by Karen; 24th October 2011 at 09:11 PM.

Good Morning Karen,

The verdict is not online: as I understand it, a selection of verdicts are placed on line (www.rechtspraak.nl). I don't think it's up to me me to upload my copy; I respect other peoples privacy too much to do that. It's in Dutch (scanned as a picture) so will not be of much use to you anyway; the conclusion was very clear though. Being a Dutch native I had to look up some legal 'lingo' myself to try and understand it. I'm not legally trained and found some parts difficult to understand.

Thanks for your tip on hearsay; you're absolutely right, I do want to do that correct; thinking about it, it really was a stupid mistake I made (in line with the word itself).

I don't think there are that many people who have met and dislike Gideon (there is you and Paul and....; I guess that's it). I hope you can live with the fact that I do not dislike him. I have never met you or Paul but do like our discussions about sailing in general and catamarans more specifically. I guess we all are allowed to have our own opinions; I do hope we can respect each other even when we do not share all of our opinions. I have no problem with that.

Eric

I don't think there are that many people who have met and dislike Gideon (there is you and Paul and....; I guess that's it).

Ah Eric ... and I do think you really believe that. But you've given me the first belly laugh of the day, - so many thanks for that at least.

I hope you can live with the fact that I do not dislike him.
    I certainly can. "There's nowt so funny as folk" ( old Yorkshire saying) - and much truth in that. Do not dislike all you like, sir.

I have never met you or Paul but do like our discussions about sailing in general and catamarans more specifically. I guess we all are allowed to have our own opinions;
    Of course. And since every opinion is the result of a very individual set of experiences thanks to nature and nurture - how could it be any other way.

I do hope we can respect each other even when we do not share all of our opinions. I have no problem with that.
    Nor me. And I am being sincere when I say that. However, not to split hairs, but respect, in my view, is not a given. It has to be earned. For instance, as you can gather, Gideon Goudsmit has not earned my respect. Quite the opposite. But tolerance of other folk's views - when those folk mean no harm - is another matter.

And that is why I wish you nothing but well, Eric.

Happy forum fulminations!

Karen

Karen that is unfair!

There isn't a word in Dutch for 'fulminations'. You are overtaxing SigmaSailor's admittedly excellent command of English!

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
    Karen that is unfair!

There isn't a word in Dutch for 'fulminations'. You are overtaxing SigmaSailor's admittedly excellent command of English!

Mike
    Mike,

How about 'fulmineren'; that is the Dutch verb resulting in 'fulminations' I guess. You are right about not having a Dutch equivalent as a noun. The message was cristal clear though.

I have to admit that I always thought fulminations is used to describe activities far worse that I judge my own scriblings to be.

Happy fulminating you all.

Eric

eric
    I think the sales of Fast cats as explained to me by Gideon of 20 a year have not happened and I really do think his reputation is such that he is struggling to sell any boats now. So in effect I hope you do agree that the market does not like him?

I am also somewhat surprised that you did not include Alan in the list of those who dislike Gideon and you may have hurt his feelings by leaving him out.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul

...I don't think there are that many people who have met and dislike Gideon (there is you and Paul and....; I guess that's it)....
    Just for the record, I've met him and dislike him intently!

I have been on his boat, but he was talking to someone else, I hung around for about 15 minutes after having had a look around the boat, and he was still talking to the same prospective customer.... so I have seen him in action and heard him but not actually shaken hands with him. I did speak with his lady assistant... this was at the La Rochelle show some years ago.

As with most successful con men, he sounded and acted charming... but the boat was very poorly put together.

I have a dislike of people who are dishonest, so in that context, I don't like Gideon. Mrs. G seems to be quite interesting and entertaining judging from some of her on line postings..... one didn't know if a call to the local asylum was in order, or just a laugh.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
    I did speak with his lady assistant... this was at the La Rochelle show some years ago.
    Well, according to the La Rochelle 2012 programme of exhibitors, seems Goudsmit will be once again trying his luck there. Can I suggest anyone visiting to see both boat and boatbuilder, pay special attention to all the facts and figures that are sure to be spouted. Then go home, do your research and try to verify them independently.

Mrs. G seems to be quite interesting and entertaining judging from some of her on line postings..... one didn't know if a call to the local asylum was in order, or just a laugh.
    Yes - Elske Goudsmit's - ahem- "spirited" appearance on YBW billing herself as the "Quizmaster" was not exactly a resounding success. If I recall rightly, she was effectively boo'ed off. Not surprisingly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123