Thread: Green e-Motion for sale @ US$ 1,027,016

Default Green e-Motion for sale @ US$ 1,027,016

Goudsmit's prototype hybrid electric catamaran with the Green Motion system is up for sale it seems.

Those eager to be an - ahem - "early adopter" and with US $1 million to spare see here.

Default Re: Green e-Motion for sale @ US$ 1,027,016

LOL! What a bargain! Think of all the diesel you could save!

OR.... you could buy a conventional 44 foot cat for something like half that, and you'd NEVER spend $500k on diesel.

Where are Sigmasailor and Pete Mitchell? Here's your chance to save the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by 44C View Post
    LOL! What a bargain! Think of all the diesel you could save!

OR.... you could buy a conventional 44 foot cat for something like half that, and you'd NEVER spend $500k on diesel.

Where are Sigmasailor and Pete Mitchell? Here's your chance to save the planet!
    What 44C said!
    ...throw off the bowlines...sail away from safe harbor...catch the winds in your sails...EXPLORE...DREAM...DISCOVER
    Mark Twain
    www.floatingimpressions.com.au

One million dollars! You could get a proper boat for that! That one will be moored next to his St Francis 48 for some time to come I think....

That St Francis 48 must be rotting well by now - its been there for many years ..... what a waste! With a realistic price it would have sold years ago.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com

If you check on Goudsmit's website and look under Demonstrators, I think you'll find the St Francis 48 is no longer listed. It hasn't been for some time.

Back in October 2011, a new poster appeared on this forum appealing for help over that very boat. You can find the post here.

My understanding is this couple were so upset over the St Francis deal with Goudsmit, they took him to court. Unfortunately, they lost - Sigmasailor posted something to that effect, since the case and its outcome were made public in The Netherlands. You can find his post here.

I hope I'm wrong, but they may just have had to buy the boat after all.

There is more to this story, but that's the bones of it, I think.

Karen

Yes that is what happened. I gave some info to the couple. I do not know what happened after that though. I would like to know.
    Safe Sailing
    Paul
    Blog: www.suliere.com