Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solbian flexible solar panels

Default Re: Solbian flexible solar panels

I was interested to see your panel being attached directly to the roof - I guess essential if you are going to be able to walk on it.

However, I seem to recall that this prevents the heat build-up under the panel, and thus reduces the efficiency - is this relevant to your panels.

Does your new Solar controller allow the settings to be changed so that it is correct for Lithium batteries (the main reason I selected the Outback Flex 60 to go with my 555 watts of yingli panels)
    Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results

Milena

Not trying to 'steal your thunder' but I note some similarity between your panels and these, by Apolloflex from Germany:

http://www.apolloflexmono.com/apolloflex-mono.html

They use the same cells and seem to have similar specs and pricing and are also European-made. The only variable seems to be the materials used to laminate the panel. Obviously this is crucial when it comes to durability to the elements and knocks, etc (for marine use)but the challenge, for you, is to find a way to demonstrate durability in a convincing way.

You mentioned "comparitive tests" to be reported soon? That will be very interesting. Are you planning some sort of accelerated wear and tear?

Quote Originally Posted by dabbler View Post
    Melina,

Are these the same panels that are used on the NEEL 45 Trimaran? In one of their youtube videos there are four panels attached to the salon top and appear to be flexable panels.
    Hi Dabbler,
    the panels you see on the Neel 45 Trimaran are not Solbianflex panels.

Quote Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
    Does your new Solar controller allow the settings to be changed so that it is correct for Lithium batteries (the main reason I selected the Outback Flex 60 to go with my 555 watts of yingli panels)
    Hi Talbot,
    for further informations on the WRM30 charge controller you can visit the Western website >>here<< where you can find manuals and datasheets.

Not trying to 'steal your thunder' but I note some similarity between your panels and these, by Apolloflex from Germany:

http://www.apolloflexmono.com/apolloflex-mono.html
    Hello Chris,
    Apolloflex products look good but they are slightly different from our flexible solar panels in terms of weight and flexibility.

You mentioned "comparitive tests" to be reported soon? That will be very interesting. Are you planning some sort of accelerated wear and tear?
    We are in fact doing a few tests, however, they will serve only for internal purposes since it does not seem fair to disclose a study done by ourselves, we might be considered biased. If we will have a study made by an independent organization in the future, we'll report it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12