Thread: Power Cats Might Be A Fit For Many

Default Power Cats Might Be A Fit For Many

This sailing season the Caribbean is enjoying, yet again, a brilliant and busy period with boaters visiting from every corner of the orb. Charter fleets like the Moorings have launched exceptionally nice power catamarans. As a matter of fact, it appears that the cats have taken over. We spend a good bit of time on the water in the Leeward and Windward Islands and it is a curious thing to see so few of these cats actually being sailed to their maximum Trade Wind capabilities. The charterers appear to be having a great time anyway. I suspect one of the attractions with this kind of boat is the condomaran living spaces that encourage socializing and good times. Now the power boaters can get in on cruising the Caribbean in a new power cat. This type of hull will be a better fit for many. For the real sailors, well, you can not sail without hoisting some canvas and getting wet on occasion, and be willing to expand your nautical knowledge at every opportunity..

Default Re: Power Cats Might Be A Fit For Many

Oceantrader, what sorts of cats are you selling? ( Hint; pics please? )

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmbruce View Post
    Oceantrader, what sorts of cats are you selling? ( Hint; pics please? )

Mike
    I sail a Gemini cat and a couple of Newick Tri's built in St. Croix. These boats are owned and maintained by friends. I own a 33 foot Olympic Carter sloop. I sail on any boat if invited. I like the idea of catamarans, but I admire the folk that build their own so they don't have to sell everything just to go sailing for a year or two. The idea of power boaters chartering cats in the Caribbean is stellar marketing. Maybe these people will become more curious about wind powered craft as their sit in anchorages infested with sails.

Ah! From the 'dot co' on your name I assumed you were a trader, sorry.

Anyway, it sounds as though you have a good time out on the water.

Cheers

Mike
    Nothing works on an old boat, except the skipper.