Thread: Crew wanted - Catalac 8m, Plymouth to Brittany, onwards to La Rochelle, possibly Northern Spain

Default Crew wanted - Catalac 8m, Plymouth to Brittany, onwards to La Rochelle, possibly Northern Spain

Hey Folks,

Sea Spirits, my Catalac 8m, is currently in Plymouth. I had a great sail down from Tollesbury, with easterlies much of the way and the hottest July day in 100 years!

I am now planning to depart Plymouth for L'Aber Wrac'h in Brittany around the 26th / 27th July. From there I will coast / island hop towards La Rochelle and depending on weather etc, possibly on to Northern Spain.

My crew has had to drop out at this point as he is about to become a father and is expected home for antenatal duties.

I'm looking to replace him, at least for the cross Channel leg. No expenses other than what you eat and drink and maybe a small contribution towards marina fees (negotiable)

I am a fit and healthy, easygoing, non smoker, 50 year old. I have my Yachtmaster Coastal cert and have previously sailed her to the Frisian Islands, Channel Islands, France, Belgium and Holland. Sea Spirits has a brand new mainsail and the engine has just had an overhaul. EPIRB, AIS, Chartplotter, etc.

Cheers,

Simon

Default Re: Crew wanted - Catalac 8m, Plymouth to Brittany, onwards to La Rochelle, possibly Northern Spain

just saw this. hope all went well.
    Xmitocu - Catalac 8
    "What We Do in Life, Echoes in Eternity...."

Default Re: Crew wanted - Catalac 8m, Plymouth to Brittany, onwards to La Rochelle, possibly Northern Spain

My old profile seems to be locked out, so I'm now syoung333 (instead of syoung33)

So, Biscay crossing was successful! I had crew as far as Benodet in Brittany, then I waited a few days for a favourable weather forecast and headed off solo. I had westerlies pretty much all the way across and arrived in Gijon 73 hours later. The plan is to return this summer and continue toward the Med.... or maybe the Canaries :-)

Simon

Sea Spirits
    Catalac 8m