Thread: Prout event or snowgoose classic for trans atlantic

Default Prout event or snowgoose classic for trans atlantic

Looking for a prout event 34 or prout snowgoose classic 37 for trans atlantic. Any opinions on which one woild be a better choice?

'Estrella del Sur' is currently on the hard in Fort Pierce, Florida for hurricane season.

Default Re: Prout event or snowgoose classic for trans atlantic

I don't have personal experiene with either boat, but assuming you are prepared to accept mediocre windward performance and the pounding associated with either, your choice surely comes down to condition, cruising inventory and price; both boats are quite capable of making the crossing. Do either (or both) of these boats have twin diesels? Although unimportant during the Atlantic crossing itself, it would be very significant for me in terms of maneuverability and redundancy while cruising the Med or the Cribbean.

Brad

Thanks Brad, another candidate within my budget may be a solaris sunrise 36. Upon further research my understanding is that the Solaris is very much like the prout with a very low bridge deck and may also pound going to weather. Do you have an opinion on this boat?

Solaris made a cat with far better bridgedeck clearance the Sunstar , 32 and 36
    I have one and its a great boat , quite different from the earlier designs .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I didn,t get where I am today by being somewhere else !

Quote Originally Posted by fsmith View Post
    Thanks Brad, another candidate within my budget may be a solaris sunrise 36. Upon further research my understanding is that the Solaris is very much like the prout with a very low bridge deck and may also pound going to weather. Do you have an opinion on this boat?
    Have you considered a Kelsall (Tango, Tonga, Sunstar) or Woods design (Sagitta, Eclipse). Good value for money, much better performance.

Sorry should be Suncat not Sunstar.